Chapter 5, Part VI

Beginne am Anfang

Ayane: Calm down, Kaiji. Anger is going to get us nowhere.

Kaiji: (deep breaths) ...I think I may have winded myself.

Daigo: You sure did.

Kaiji: ...Anyways, speaking of the bomb, it appeared to be made out of some sort of metal or something. Like... scrap metal.

Umiko: Where could it have come from?

----

(Multiple Choice)

1. From Madoka's dorm room.

2. From the duffel bag.

3. From a classroom locker.

Answer: From the duffel bag.

----

Kaori: Anybody noticed a duffel bag left in the Garden of Eden?

Souta: Yes, I do. I took the tranquiliser rifle out of it.

Kaori: The bomb Madoka tried making... the scrap metal came from there.

Kaiji: Oh yes, you answering an obvious question because you think we're akin to goldfish. How smart you are.

Daigo: ...What's up with you all of a sudden?

Kaiji: Envy, Daigo. Envy. Envy that this nobody is doing all the heavy lifting for us! There's an expert right here you could consult!

Daigo: Yeah... Guess you're right. Thanks for settling everything, everyone. It's time for me to go.

Umiko: Re-really?

Daigo: Yes. Madoka tried killing my love, so I had to enact what I saw was retribution.

Ayane: Daigo... you can't be...

Daigo: I'm sorry, Ayane. May you live a happy life.

Ayane: Daigo, wait-

Kaiji: I severely doubt it.

Souta: Why?! Why is is that you're the contrarian? We've got more than enough evidence to conclude that Daigo is the killer!

Kaiji: That's my point: there's too much evidence against him. And he's been unusually brazen about it. Almost as if he trying to pretend to be the killer because he knows he's not.

Kaori: (Thinking about it now, something he said did sound rather awkward...)

----

(Select Truth Needle)

TRUTH NEEDLE: Daigo's Confession

----

Kaori: Let me think about his "confession" to the crime.

Souta: What about it?

Kaori: During it, he said that he wanted to save Ayane from being the blackened, which is why he became the blackened himself.

Monokuma: Ah yes, the ultimate sacrifice! Laying down one's senseless life for one's senseless allies! They'd probably die anyway, so thanks a million for the few seconds you gave them, wannabe martyr!

Daigo: ...I-I...

Kaiji: Flushed you out. No wonder you were so desperate to shift attention to yourself - so you could try to distract us all from the fact that in actuality, it wasn't you.

Kaori: (So... if it's not Souta, and not Umiko, and not Daigo, then it can only be...)

----

(Make an Accusation!)