Chapter 15

So it's been a while I'm sorry guys. I started school again and it's hard to balance it all considering I type out the majority of my fanfics on my phone. But here's a chapter and a really good one is coming next time ;) 

REMINDER THAT MY USERNAME WILL BE CHANGING SOON!!!!! It will be @greek.sophie.pjo because that's my Instagram. 

Creds to Rick

Percy's POV:

There was a decent amount of people crowded around outside of the infirmary. Most of them were newer and didn't understand that they shouldn't be so invested in whether someone died or not. The older campers had done their best to reduce the amount of people.

Of course when Percy walked out with Annabeth, who was crying softly, and blood still on his hands, the demigods got curious. They used their common sense to figure out he was dead but wanted more information. Percy didn't answer any of them and mentally thanked Piper when she charmspoke the crowd to go away.

After arriving back inside cabin 3, Annabeth went to the shower to rinse off. She had locked the door behind her, obviously wanting to be alone. This annoyed Percy slightly because it meant he couldn't rinse the blood off of his hands. Nevertheless, he just sat on the end of his bed, waiting for her to be done. He respected her privacy and wasn't going to barge in there.

About ten minutes later, he heard the water shut off and the door lock click. She opened the door and shuffled out with a towel wrapped around her. The steam billowed behind her, blending with the cold air of the cabin. Annabeth didn't look at him but rather avoided eye contact. He didn't make an attempt to talk to her, just headed for the bathroom.

He turned the water to the shower back on, stripping himself of clothing. He thought it would make him feel better, maybe wash off some of the guilt with it.

Low and behold, it only washed away the dirt and blood. He sighed and stood there, allowing the water to pour down on him. It made him feel less tense; more calm.

He stepped out and shut the water off, getting dressed after willing himself dry. He stepped out of the bathroom to find Annabeth curled up on the bed, wearing a sweatshirt and shorts. Percy slowly sat down next to her, rubbing her back. He began to massage her back, doing his best to soothe her. She seemed to relax a bit.

He made his way from her lower back up. When he began to massage her shoulders, she winced and grabbed his wrist. He stopped. "You okay?" he asked.

"...Mhm," she answered slowly. "That's where I hit the tree the hardest, it still kinda hurts."

He took that as his note to stop massaging her back. Instead, he took one of her hands and began to massage it softly. "Are you feeling better otherwise?" he asked her.

She shrugged, "I guess." She proceeded to mumble, "I would feel a lot better if you had let me in the room."

Percy blinked, "What are you talking about?"

Annabeth began to play with her necklace. "You tried to keep me out of the room even though I knew him better."

He sucked in a breath and stopped massaging her hand. "That was more of Will's decisions than mine."

"Well you didn't even try to let me stay."

He didn't understand where this was coming from. It's not like it was much of his choice. "For one, you did have blood running down your leg. Two... I was trying to keep you from watching him die," he admitted.

"Well clearly that didn't work. And you can't always keep me away from those things, Percy. And you aren't so much tougher than me, I can handle it," she snapped.