Chapter 4

This one is really long, so enjoy 

MEGA CREDITS TO RICK RIORDAN FOR THIS ONE BECAUSE I PULLED A LOT OF QUOTES FROM BLOOD OF OLYMPUS

Percy's POV:

It was July 31st. Tomorrow Gaea would rise. He laid in bed with Annabeth. They sat in a comfortable silence together.

Annabeth twisted her promise ring he gave her. She'd been obsessed with it ever since she got it, which he found to be cute. She kept angling it up to the light, watching it sparkle.

The truth was, he'd had that on him for a while. He'd had it before Tartarus, but thankfully it was in his dresser when they fell, so it wasn't lost. After coming back from there and seeing the woman in Mykonos, it made him realize how little time was left. Percy understood that they could die tomorrow with the rest of the world and if he did, he'd want to go down knowing he'd have her hand in Elysium.

If given the chance, he would marry her then if he could. Only problem was that they were only 16 and 17, which is far too young for that. Percy didn't care though. They both knew that they'd be together for the rest of their lives. She'd technically agreed to that when she said yes. It wasn't like he proposed already, but Percy wanted everyone to know she was off limits.

"I'm scared," Annabeth said. He was in such a daze her voice caught him off guard. He looked down at her. She was still playing with her ring, but was waiting for his response.

Annabeth never admitted to being scared. Percy didn't blame her though. "Honestly, me too."

"I don't wanna die," she whispered.

He sighed, "Don't think like that. We still have a chance. We've lived through everything we aren't gonna let this end us are we?"

"The gods have abandoned us, Percy. They're going to watch the world fall and all of us die, they aren't gonna help us."

He stroked her hair softly. "Think on the bright side. Think about what we can do after all of this."

Annabeth pursed her lips together. She thought for a minute before talking. "Well we get to see our friends again."

"See? That's something good."

"We can go to school," she said.

"What else?" he asked.

She hesitated and started twisting her ring again. "We can get married..."

Percy chuckled and kissed the top of her head. "Of course. Big or small wedding?"

"Small," she blushed, "with just our friends and family."

"Then we can come back to Greece after," Percy said. Annabeth nodded slowly. "Then we can have as many kids as we please."

She froze and blushed harder. Percy almost thought he went too far with that one, but she nodded again. "Well not that many. Two or three is a good number."

"That's it? Two or three?"

Annabeth's face stayed a dark shade of red. "Well yeah, you won't have to carry them around for nine months. At max, four."

"I want seven," he stated.

She hid her face in the sheets. "That's too many," she mumbled into the covers.

"I think it's perfect." Percy kissed her head and pulled the covers down so he could see her face. She stared up at him with her grey eyes. He brushed the hair out of her face. "You need to go to bed. We have a couple of giants we need to kill tomorrow."