A 300 dollar handbag???

Y/n s POV

Chairman sir offered to drop me at my place after we were done with shopping. I wanted to come home in a taxi but Mr. Taehyung insisted to take me home. I was exhausted so I kinda agreed to it. Anyways I had no other choice.

once we reached my home I got down from the car and took all the shopping bags which were stacked in the back seat.
" Thank you so much sir." I tried to bow him with all the bags in my hands but it was really hard.
" Oh it's fine Ms. Y/n. Shall I help you take them inside? " Mr Taehyung asked me.

 Shall I help you take them inside? " Mr Taehyung asked me

" No sir. I can manage. Drive safely." I said trying to smile.
" So tired aren't you? Go home and rest. See you " Chairman sir told me left.

I carried those bags in my hand and went to the door and knocked with my leg. I literally banged on the door my momma came and opened the door with a furious look on her face. Didn't I tell you? She HATED hitting on her doors.😅

At once she saw me with ALOT of shopping bags her face changed from the furious look to extreme shock.
" Y/n? Did you get your paycheck? If so are you MAD to spend all your money on ... What ? What are these stuff?" My momma kept of saying.

I walked straight into my room and dropped all the bags on to my bed and turned to see my mother standing behind me.
" Momma. No I didn't get my paycheck and for god's sake I didn't buy these. How can I afford to buy a 300 dollar handbag? Let me have a wash first. I am so tired. I ll explain everything once change okay? " I said looking at my momma
"Mmm.". thts all she said with a literally dropped jaw. She literally had a heartache when I said that one of my handbags cost $300. We never even had a meal out side which costs more than 2 or 3 dollars. Yeah you can say we are poor..

Taehyung s POV

I parked the car and went inside and looked for Mrs. Lee. After about one minute I realized that she isn't here but at my father's place. I laughed at myself for being this ignorant and went to my bedroom to wash and change.

Once I came out of the bathroom after having a bath, I changed into a comfortable set of clothing and went to check of yeongtan.
Since I was busy with company work after I became the chairman, I asked one of our house maids to look after tannie without letting him feel lonely.

I played with yeongtan for a while,.had dinner and went straight to bed with tannie.

I laid on the bed and grabbed my phone from the bedside table

"Thank you so much for today sir " i read on my notification panel.
Oh this must be Ms.Y/n. I still couldn't save her number on my phone so I saved it as " secretary Y/n " and checked my messages.
After reading her Message, I thought of calling her , so I dialled her number and kept my phone on my ear.
" Helloooo" she said with a sleepy sluggish voice as she picked up the phone.
" hello ms.y/n?" I said.
There was about a 10 second silence before she spoke again.
" Hello sir. I am sorry how can I help you sir" ms.Y/n said with a fake active tone.
" Very tired today aren't you? " I said while laughing. I never wanted to be that one grumpy boss with my employees.
She let out a sigh and said " yes sir. But now I feel okay . I fell asleep as soon as I came home."
" Oh okay. Ms. Y/n take the day off tomorrow" I said
" No no sir. I will come to work. I feel so good suddenly and I want to come tomorrow" she kept of saying making me laugh at her again.
" I insist..take the day off tomorrow and get ready by 10 30 a.m. we have to go somewhere. I ll come to pick you up." I said and disconnected the call before she objects it.

Y/ns POV

"But Sir.." I was gonna refuse it but Mr. Taehyung disconnected the call before I say anything regarding it.
I really didn't know what was happening and what to say. I just knew that I had to follow my boss's orders. So I just made up my mind to take my day off and assist the chairman sir. I sat on my bed and I was so hungry and tired.
"Whatever happens its gonna happen tomorrow so I have to go eat now" I thought and walked to the kitchen and looked for momma.
" Oh thank God you came. I was dying here out of curiosity. I want to know what's happening Y/n. You said you ll explain once you have a wash so I waited in the kitchen until you come. Since you were late I came to your room to check on you and then I found you sound asleep on your bed." Momma kept of saying.
" I felt sorry for you. You looked so tired. You didn't look this tired after running that marathon when you were in high school. So I just let you sleep. Now tell me everything will you" momma said
" Can I have something to eat momma? I tell you while eating. I am so hungry. " I was yawing and said momma..
" Ah yeah I made you jajjangmyeon. Here it's still hot. " Momma gave me a big bowl of jajjangmyeon.

Momma sat right infront of me waiting until I tell her what happened

Momma sat right infront of me waiting until I tell her what happened. I smiled at her and explained everything from the beginning which is from the moment that I was appointed as  the secretary of our chairman .
At last I said " sir said that this is a tradition of our company momma. You know what momma? I am so happy that he bought me these. This is the first time I get to wear branded expensive cloths " I said. When I ended the explanation My bowl of jajjangmyeon was over as well.
I looked at momma after eating the last bite from the jajjangmyeon and found her with eyes filled with tears.

" Momma why are you tearing up?" I asked because I was shocked to see her tearing up after a long time 🥺
At once I said that she broke into loud sobs.
" I am so so happy for you my daughter. A 300 dollar handbag? clothing which costs more than 600 dollars each??? This was the first time I got see such expensive things." With my momma's words, tears welled into my eyes as well.
" I really owe son taehyung. I knew that he is such a good person. I was never able to buy you a cloth which was more than 3 dollars. You are so lucky Y/n. So lucky. I am sorry for being this poor. Momma is sorry okay?" Momma was crying so hard and was apologizing for nothing
" No momma. you did everything for me and my brother. You brought us up so well and gave us very good education. That means everything for us. You starved to fill our tummies. You never bought you cloths. Just got them only for us. You are the best momma we could ever ask for. So please don't say sorry okay? " Tears were streaming down my eyes when I said those words.
Momma touched my hair with a beautiful smile. Tears were still shining on her eyes. She gave me a glass of water turned her back at me facing the wash basin. And then she suddenly turned at me.
" Call son taehyung and ask him to visit tomorrow for dinner. I wanna cook him a good meal" momma said.

Once I heard what she said, It made me chock making the water which was inside my mouth spill on the kitchen floor.