Everyone was looking at us, as I try my best to ignore all the whispers from our peers. I immediately stop and my eyes widen as I look in front of me at the memorial for my brother. His name was written on a half broken surfboard as a bunch of pictures of him scatter all over it as it rests up against a rock. There was a bunch of flowers laid out beautifully in front of it and a tear falls from my face as I kneel down in front of it and stroke my finger across his name. 'He was a good man, Jackie. He always used to help mow my grass and help fix stuff for my house.' Jessica says, a Pogue that lives just a few houses away from the Chateau. 'Thank you.' I whisper as I stand back up and brush off the dirt from my pants.

'It makes me happy that at least a few people still appreciate my brother and don't see him as a murderer.' I mutter and Topper nods. We head inside the school and thankfully we ended up getting in the same classes along with Pope, Kie and JJ. Our first class was history, my least favourite class but thankfully I sat at the back corner beside Topper while Pope, Kie and JJ sat in the middle of the classroom. 'And the slave becomes the new ruler. Now, Diocletian splits the sprawling Roman Empire into four separate kingdoms.' Our teacher states facing the board stopping when he hears a phone ding. My eyes widen as I realise I forgot to mute my phone. I slouch down on my chair and slowly pull my phone out of my pocket. 'Who's phone was that? Nobody? You will be tested.' The teachers says. 'Now, to recap, who was Diocletian?' He asks. I tuck my phone under my desk and read our 'incoming text unknown number' I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I glance up and look around the room. My eyes meet JJ, Pope and Kie and to my surprise they all held the same confusion look on their face as they looked at their phones. They turn around and look at me as I take a deepbreath before taking out my notes and write on a piece of paper. 'Meet me outside now!' I write on it before crunching it up and hold it in my hand.

I raise my hand. 'I need to use the bathroom!' I say and the teacher sighs turning around to face me. 'We're only fifteen minutes into first class, Miss Routledge.' He roll his eyes. 'Lady problems, sir.' I lie as I nervously chuckle and everyone looks at me. 'Just go.' He shrugs turning back to face the board. I quickly get up and walk past Pope, JJ and Kie dropping the piece of paper on Kie's desk. She furrows her eyebrows and looks at me and I glance back at her before closing the door.

***

I sit outside in the school yard on the bench tapping my legs up and down anxiously as I look at the picture of John b and Sarah in the unknown message. 'Jackie!' Kie exclaims as the three of them rush over to me. 'Is that even possible?' I ask nervously as I show them the picture. 'I mean, Shoupe said that they didn't make it. He said that.' I speak up before taking a deepbreath trying to calm my anxiety. 'Okay, but I..I think we're overreacting, cause we can't rule out the possibility that this could all be some kind of weird, cruel hoax. Someone could be messing with us.' Pope states and I roll my eyes. 'Trust me, if this is a joke I'll fucking kill the person.' I argue and JJ glances at me and butterflies erupt in my stomach as our eyes meet, he quickly looks away and I let out a sigh.

'I'm just gonna ask.' Kie says taking out her phone. 'What if it's actually him, though?' JJ asks and a wave of calmness washes over me as I hear his voice. 'Wtf! Is this you?' Kie messages the person as I sit down beside her on the bench while Pope sits anxiously on the wall and JJ paces over to the school wall. 'He responded?' Pope asks, Kie and I's eyes widen in shock as we see this person start typing. 'He's typing. He's typing.' I gasp looking at everyone in shock. 'Is JJ there?' The person texts us and I let out a sigh as JJ takes out his phone. 'I'm here Bree' he texts. 'Did you pin my short board?' The unknown messenger texts back and JJ chuckles as tears fall from his eyes and my eyes widen in shock as I get off the bench and back away from the group. The three of them all begin to chuckle as tears fall from their eyes.

I cover my mouth in shock as I realise that my brother and Sarah are alive. My brother has been alive all this time. 'It's definitely him.' JJ confirms as he pulls Pope into a hug. They both laugh as Kie joins their hug. Tears start falling from my eyes and for once they weren't sad ones, the were happy ones. Happy because my brother is alive. Happy because maybe, just maybe my life will go back to normal and we can come back together again. JJ glances over at me and he pulls away from the hug with Kie and Pope as they hug and he runs over to me and my eyes widen in shock as he picks me up into the air. A laugh of joy escapes my lips as he spins me around in the air and places me down in front of him and cups his hands on my face. 'He's alive.' JJ exclaims as he smiles down at me a few tears staining his cheeks. He wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him into a hug. 'My brother is alive.' I whisper into his ear as I pull him even closer to me.

Whatever happened between all of us this past month didn't matter right now. All that matters is John b. 'How the hell did they get to the Bahamas?' Kie asks grabbing our attention. JJ and I look at each other. 'You can't kill a Pogue.' I say with a smile and JJ nods in agreement. 'Especially a Routledge.' JJ smiles. 'Hell, yeah, we'll clear your name, boy.' JJ states. 'Be in touch, P4L.' John b messages and we all put our phones back in our pockets. 'I missed you so much, Jackie.' Kie exlciams as the four of us pile into a group hug as tears of joy stain our cheeks. 'I missed you three too. I'm so sorry for everything.' I whisper and they all scoff. 'It's in the past, Jackalope.' JJ whispers in my ear and my eyes widen in shock.

I haven't heard that nickname in a month and I never thought I'd hear it again especially from JJ after we broke up but maybe this will be the beginning of JJ and I...

To Be Continued...