𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 , raving

Start from the beginning

"No." Kinsey shook her head. "I don't think so, anyway. Wouldn't he have told me when he asked me on this stupid date that he was the one who'd been putting them there?"

Stiles still suggested that it could have been Matt. Maybe it was his hatred for the boy that was talking, or maybe it was the fact he'd claimed him as his latest suspect for controlling Jackson. He didn't quite have a reason for why he thought that other than believing that something about him looked evil, but it still felt worth mentioning to Kinsey that he could be the creepy person who kept leaving her notes. His hatred and suspicion were something he chose not to mention. He justified his point by explaining that while she'd been trying to listen out for Allison ready to help her with Jackson the boy could have owned up to sending the notes, but because she hadn't wasn't paying attention she hadn't heard it. To Kinsey, it seemed like a fair point, at least she couldn't think of an argument, she said herself that she hadn't been listening to him.

Maybe she could have created an argument against it if she knew that Stiles had said it simply because of his strong hatred towards Matt, which had only grown since finding out he had a date with Kinsey, but that was a detail he chose to keep between himself and Scott. Just in case she tried to attack Matt like she had Jackson. Frankly, he was quite terrified of her after seeing how angry she could get. He knew to stay on her good side, or at least try to.

When the two walked into the Sheriff Department Kinsey held most of the food in her arms, particularly, the salad that Stiles had gotten for his dad. She warned him that it wouldn't go down well, he had specifically asked for a greasy burger after a rough day at work, or more so a rough few months at work. And Stiles had gotten him a veggie burger and a salad. Despite her warning, Stiles insisted that his father wasn't allowed his greasy burgers, he could only have healthy foods that would keep him healthy and alive for as long as possible. After finding out that was the reason behind the diet Stiles was putting his father on unwillingly she couldn't argue anymore, he wasn't being selfish, in fact, he couldn't have been being more selfless.

Stiles knocked softly on the door, there was no going back now. He'd have to deal with the torture of his father sharing embarrassing stories about him as a child, or even from recently. At least in his office, he didn't have a baby book to hand, maybe this dinner being held in his office wouldn't be as bad as he had originally thought it would be. When they'd heard the man shout a mumbled come in Stiles opened the door, as soon as Sheriff Stilinski had seen who was in his doorway he quickly rushed to shove something in his desk draw, quickly chewing whatever was in his mouth. Kinsey assumed that it was chocolate or something else that didn't abide by the new diet that Stiles had put in place in the Stilinski house by the way he'd acted.

Once he'd disposed of the evidence he jumped up to greet the girl, pushing past his son to reach Kinsey, even shoving Stiles playfully in the process until he'd landed on the sofa facing his desk. The girl barely muttered a hello before she was wrapped in a tight hug, her words muffled by the man's arms as he beamed about her being here.

"I've been asking Stiles for weeks. I thought I was never going to properly meet you."

"Weeks, huh?" Kinsey asked with a confused smile. Together, both of them turned to look at the boy who'd already begun digging into his curly fries, a guilty look across his face. "You told me that your dad only asked yesterday."

"Miscommunication?"

After sharing enough embarrassing stories about Stiles that the boy's blush had turned into a completely bright red face his father and Kinsey finally stopped sharing all of their funny moments with Stiles, of course, Kinsey couldn't include any that were supernatural related. Or she'd at least have to change some of the details so that it didn't involve them. Kinsey and Stiles watched wearily as the Sheriff picked up his burger, ready for him to realize it wasn't the beautiful greasy burger that he had been waiting hours for, instead, it would be some disgusting creation that the girl believed should be illegal for anyone who wasn't a vegetarian.