Chapter 40 - Join the Group

The weather was balmy and the gentle breeze wafted the smells of earthy pine and horses.

At the equestrian compound near the eco-lodge, riding a horse provided Leon a much-needed breather from last night's experience. His wounds were healing well. Although the bruise on his head was still bumpy and sore, it was more tolerable than yesterday as long as he did not keep touching it under his cap. He was not going to let anything, let alone his bruises, ruin his holiday.

Leon took out his phone and took a selfie of himself with the horse when a message sprung up on his screen. He squinted at the message to make sure he was reading right.

Hiroshi was inviting him to join them on the camping trip, something which he found odd but intriguing at the same time. As Ariel's boyfriend, didn't Hiroshi mind him despite his "romantic" history with his girlfriend?

Leon: U sure u're are ok with that?

Hiroshi: Andy's request.

So Andy was their main reason, not really because they wanted him there. How insincere!

If Andy wasn't there, Leon wouldn't have been keen anyway. But he did miss Andy's company. They had such great fun yesterday that it felt depressing when he left. Kids really could lighten up one's day with their innocence.

But to see Ariel yesterday for the first time in so long still felt surreal. That experience caused him a sleepless night. Even her touch still lingered on his bruised skin that he took a sniff on his hand to smell a bit of her scent that night. Oh, what was he doing? He smacked himself to wake up and try to fall asleep by forcing his eyes to stare at the stars from his bed until they tire out.

Still, he wouldn't mind enjoying Andy's company once more.

Leon: Appreciate your offer. I'll come over

Hiroshi: Only for today, just to be clear

—————

Hiromi felt the earth beneath her feet shake once the sunglasses and fake beard were removed from Leon's face. She blinked a few more times to behold the sight at one of the most handsome stars on earth, who looked more dashing in real life than in the pictures. He was just so tall and striking.

While Leon greeted the others, Hiromi quickly adjusted her hair and tied the bottom hem of her t-shirt into a knot to reveal her bare midriff, and ambled towards the group

"Hello Leon Waltz, nice to meet you. I'm Hiromi," she greeted in a cutesy voice and bit her lower lip in a flirtatious way, offering up her hand to him.

"Hi Hiromi," Leon shook her hand slowly, cautious of those long fingernails. "Your father and brother mentioned about you before. You study in England, right?"

"Oh, I've graduated."

"Ah, I see. Finally, we meet," he flashed a charming smile.

Hiromi blushed. That warm, manly hand was so nice to touch that she found it hard to let go. Leon realised she was not releasing his hand when he was done with their handshake. Her dreamy eyes kept blinking hearts at him.

Ariel was amazed. Hiromi was suddenly very friendly in the way she greeted Leon, something she never extended to Ariel and Andy.

"Well," Leon managed to free his hand, "I'm sure your boyfriend must be missing you now."

"Boyfriend? He's long gone from my life, so I'm single!"

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"Don't apologise," she giggled behind her hand. "It's the best thing that ever happened!"