"Change if you want," Derek shrugged. "But don't plan on staying dressed for too long."

"What?" Meredith frowned.

"As soon as dinner's over, I want you naked," Derek smiled as he held out a gift bag for her. "I got you a present."

Meredith frowned. "Are you supposed to give presents on Thanksgiving?" she asked as she took it hesitantly.

Derek smiled. "It's your first Thanksgiving, Mer," he said. "And honestly...this is just as much for me as it is for you."

"What is it?"

"Open it and see," Derek smirked.

Meredith smiled shyly as she pushed the tissue paper aside, her eyes widening as she pulled the present out of the bag. "Derek..."

Derek watched her carefully as he watched her take in the tiny white dress, the neckline plunging, the bustline covered in sparkling rhinestones. He swallowed hard as he tried to ignore the arousal surging through his body at the thought of Meredith wearing it.

"Are you....lingerie," Meredith stated, a nervous giggle escaping her lips.

"Mer," Derek said softly. "If you're not comfortable with this, it's fine. But I know you're getting more comfortable with me, and with sex, and I just...it's hot Mer, and I know you'll look amazing. But if you're not comfortable, it's okay. I know you've been hurt in the past, and I don't want you to feel pressured."

Meredith sighed as she ran her hands over the silky fabric. "You really are McDreamy," she sighed. "Thank you."

"No need to thank me," Derek laughed, leaning forward to kiss her. "I think I'll enjoy this more than you will."

She giggled as she shoved it back into the bag. "Later," she said. "Dinner first."

Derek sighed as he turned back to the stove. "Fine," he said.

"This looks amazing," she said as she looked at the turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing that sat on the table.

"It's not that much," Derek shrugged. "At least according to Shepherd standards. But there's only two of us, so I figured I'd stick with the basics."

"Hmmm," Meredith moaned. "This stuffing is amazing."

"It's my dad's recipe," Derek smiled. "He refuses to tell my mom what's in it. Says its for those who will carry on the Shepherd name only."

"So you'll teach ou....your son?" Meredith giggled.

Derek nodded, trying to ignore the increased rate of his heartbeat at the slip of Meredith's tongue. Our son. She had almost said our son, and the thought of making a baby with Meredith was enough to make him fall to his knees and beg her for a future.

"I still can't believe you did this," Meredith said softly. "No one's ever done something so wonderful for me before."

Derek smiled as he reached out to squeeze her hand. "I'm sorry you had a shitty childhood, Mer," he said softly. "But I love you. And you'll experience everything you should with me. I promise."

Meredith smiled. "So Thanksgiving," she said. "What do normal people do?"

"Well, I'm not sure that Shepherds can be considered normal," Derek laughed. "But... we usually get up early to watch the parade in New York. When we were younger, we went every year, but then we moved out to Seattle, so we obviously couldn't do that anymore. And then we turn on football and just spend a day together, the whole family. My sisters are annoying and tease me all day, and my mom's constantly cooking and yelling at my dad for not telling her what's in the stuffing. And then we have a huge dinner and have desert while we watch It's A Wonderful Life."