19

Staring at them nervously, I take a big gulp.
"Good morning seniors"
"Good morning", they said smiling. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.
"So... I'm going to start now", facing the board, I stared at the subject which was written above my arm reach. I could hear them snicker behind me but i kept a straight face. One of the guys walked towards the board and cleaned it.

"You can put yours wherever you feel comfortable, it's fine by us"
"Thank you"
"You're welcome. I'm Chijioke by the way. CJ for short", he gave me a quick smile.
"Nice to meet you"
"Sure. if you need anything at all, don't hesitate to reach out to me. I got you baby girl", I giggled a bit. It sure did sound like a flirt to me though. Just saying.
"No problem, you can have your seat, I'll take it from here", he winked and went back to his seat.

"Before we begin, I'm a fast writer. Please try to keep up and no talking to avoid getting distracted and writing slow in the process"
"Whatever, just start already short stuff", one of the girls replied and they all laughed.
"You know, you can talk to me politely. No need for the rude remarks" she rolled her eyes at me while flipping her hair.

With that I proceeded to write and they followed suite. After a while the three sides of the board were filled up. I went over to clean a side so I could continue.
"No!!!, Don't clean there"
"Why? Don't tell me you guys are still here since then? That's unbelievable"
"You know, maybe if you weren't so short you'll write in each side and won't be in a haste to move over to another side", I glared at her
"You know, maybe, just maybe, if you weren't a talkative you'll be done by now"

"Did this b*tch just call me a talkative?"
"You said it yourself, not me", I smiled in satisfaction.
"I'll let you guys catch up in the meantime but be fast, we don't have much time on our side"
"As a matter of fact we do. This class is meant to last for two periods", one of the guys spoke up.
"I have other things to do? Please be fast let me clean the board", I went back to my seat picking up my books to continue from where I stopped in the maths problem i was solving.

I looked up and for a split second I caught Mr Cutie staring at me. I continued with what I was doing paying no attention to him. I was signalled that they were done so I proceeded to continue from where I stopped this time going at a slower pace. After twenty minutes the bell rang signalling the end of the first period, at this point I was really exhausted. Jennifer walked in and started laughing. I gave her the 'why are you laughing' look

"I leave you for one period just one and this is what becomes of you? Oh how the mighty have fallen from grace to grass"
"Ha ha, not funny"
"Who would have thought that the almighty bookworm would ever leave her books to write notes on the board for her seniors", she said as she burst into laughter again.
"Jennifer, please let me be. It really isn't funny one bit"
"I'm not holding you. You're the one holding yourself", she sat at a distance as she watched what I was doing

"Do you need any help?"
"Yes please, I'm exhausted."
"Let me have it" I quickly gave it to her and quickly sat down while having some water.
"This small thing she wrote and she's complaining. Such a lazy girl", one of the girls said as her supposed friends and the whole class laughed except CJ and Mr cutie.
"If you have any issue with me then talk to me directly and stop this side talks you're making. Mtcheww, rubbish. By the way, thank you Jenny, I really appreciate"
"No problem", I head towards my seat to finish up with the math problems as I wouldn't be chanced to solve them at home