CHAPTER SIXTEEN

KIES POV

As I was walking out of KFC and back to the hospital I spotted Pope walking down the street doing god knows what. I tried to lay low and walk quickly in hopes he wouldn't see me. I know JJ wouldn't like it if more people knew. And I just had thought I walked away without Pope noticing I heard him call my name. "Kiara!" He yelled as he crossed the street to get to me. "Look we need to talk. I'm sorry I got mad its just-" he fell silent and kissed me. I immediately pulled away.

"Pope what the hell?!" I shouted backing away. "Kiara." He said. "Pope!" I shouted. "I dont have feelings for you!" I yelled. He stepped back in astonishment. "But I thought-" he continued. I cut him off. "Well you thought wrong." I said as I walked away.

When I got to the hospital I immediately went to JJs room to tell him what happened. "Yes thankyou so much!" He said when he saw the KFC. "JJ Pope kissed me!" I told him and JJ looked at me confused. "He kissed you?!" He said. "Yes." I told him truthfully. "I say go for it." He told me. "What?" I was so confused.

"We were just a one time thing right? Nobody would ever want a committed relationship with me!" He said staring blankly into my eyes. To stop me from embarrassment and rejection, I said "Oh yeah ofcourse. One time thing." I said though I didnt really mean it. I didn't want me and JJ to just be a one night stand. I wanted us to be real. Because even though we joked in a friendly way when we said we loved eachother I really did. And we he called me Princess of Sweetheart or Baby I still got butterflies in my stomach. 

JJS POV:

I really regretted what I said when I told Kie that we were just a one time thing. Because truth bt told I didn't want us to be a one time thing. I had had feelings for Kie for a long time but recently I started to ignore them because I got the hint Pope liked Kie aswell and he deserved that.

I decided I was going to tell Kiara how I really feel but I realised I have to be the good friend for once. I am going to encourage Kiara and Popes relationship as best as I could because I know any good friend would do the  same.

Just as I was getting lost in my own thoughts my phone buzzed, bringing me back to reality. It was from Pope.

"JJ we need to talk. Meet me and Kiara at the dock in 10 mins."

It was my first text from Pope since he got mad at me and Kiara. At first I was hesitant to go because I really didn't feel like seeing anyone right now, but I decided it was best to talk and figure out things with Pope. Good friend, remember?

"Ok. I'll be there. Bring John B and Sarah aswell. We need to talk to them about a few things aswell."

I texted back. It was true, we did need to talk to John B and Sarah about a few things aswell, like their relationship which I didn't really care about. I thought it was also a good way to break the tension.

We got to the dock and I was the last one there as per usual. "Hey." I said to everyone as I sat down. Me and Kiara exchanged a glance and she smiled at me and I winked back. She lightly chuckled  but nobody noticed.

"Whats up?" John B asked in obvious confusion. "We all need to talk. About everything." Pope said like the adult of the group which he is. "Okay but make it quick. If my family found out I was here they would go mental like Rafe did that other night." Sarah said and we all stared at her in confusion. "Oh. A couple nights ago I was over at John Bs to- ...hang out with him. Obviously rafe found out and followed me. He started beating up John B. It was rather traumatising." What the hell. A lot of things had been happening i didn't know about.

"Um wow okay." Pope said.

"Son of a bitch." I exclaimed referring to Rafe.

"But anyway. What we really need to talk about is me. I'm so sorry about getting mad at you all. I was jealous when JJ saved Kiara from drowning which I shouldn't have been. I was so stupid. I should've been glad that JJ saved her. Not angry. I apologise." Pope said calmly.

"Its alright bro. So whats happening with you and Kiara?" I asked fully knowing.

"What do you mean?" Kiara asked, hinting she didn't want me to talk about it. I was going to stop but I saw the desire on Popes face. He really liked her. Good friend remember JJ? I told myself.

"Cmon guys. We all know something going on between you two. You have so much chemistry." I said staring at them both smiling. It pained me to talk about them like this especially because I had feelings for Kiara. "JJ are you blind?" Sarah asked. A look of confusion struck my face like a lightning bolt. "You and Kiara have chemistry." Sarah added. I was lost for words so I decided to take the jokey and flirtatious way out of it. "I mean she's pretty hot." I said smirking. "You really think so?" She said matching my energy. I saw the look on Popes face. He hated this. "But Pope and Kiara are so great for eachother. I mean who would want me? I'm so far from perfect." I said maybe going a bit too far. "Will you stop saying that about yourself J?" Kiara said in frustration. "Your an amazing person so stop bringing yourself down." She continued. I felt happy that she cared about me and called me amazing. My feelings for her just grew stronger and stronger.

POPES POV

We couldn't go anywhere without them flirting with eachother. Right when I thought things were getting better Kiara tells JJ he's amazing. I wanted to confess my feelings towards Kiara so I decided to do it after we talked on the dock. After we had finished spilling our guts, I pulled Kiara aside to talk. She had a look of frustration on her face.

"Look I know your still angry at me about the other day but I just wanted to say-" I said I a rush.

"Would you go out on a date with me?" I asked her confidently. She looked around her shoulder to see JJ putting his sunglasses on and smoking a blunt. I wish I looked like him. "I'll think about it." She said walking away and hopping on JJs motorcycle. Ugh. I hated this.