CHAPTER EIGHT

SARAHS POV

"Heyyy Kie. Whats up?" I said as Kiara came into my boat with the ran out scuba gear she borrowed yesterday to go diving with her friends. "Nothing much. Almost drowned yesterday." She said. I was shocked, but I didnt show it very much as I had just woken up. "Shit." I said. "Thanks for bringing back the tanks." I added.

"You should really come hang out with me and the pogues some time. I think you would really love it." She said in genuineness.

"To be honest Kie, I would love it. The danger, the thrill, the adventure. But I'm a kook, your pogues. Were common enemies with eachothers families." I said. It started to make me feel quite sad almost. I wanted to be a pogue. To surf and go on adventures each day instead for going golfing and having buffets for every meal. I wanted something different. But I could never have it.

See, Pogues and Kooks are two different tribes from two different sides of the island. Ancient enemies. Pogues and Kooks aren't allowed to be friends, but me and Kie were. See, there was only one school in OuterBanks, so everyone went to the same one. We met from there. At first we hated eachother but ended up being besties. Occainsly I secretly visit the chateu and see the Pogues. They're always happy to see them because I being them gifts. Me and the pogues have made a plan for me to join them, secretly without the kooks knowing.

Me and one of the pogues John B have sort of been having this thing together. We've kissed a couple times, but only Kie knows about that. I love John B, and Kiaras my bestie, and I would really like to get to know the other pogues a bit more.