CHAPTER TWELVE

POPES POV

I decided I needed to go speak to all the Pogues today even though I didnt want to. If I kept avoiding them I wouldn't be a pogue, but I am. I needed to stay at John Bs for a while anyway because my Mom and Pops wouldn't let me go out because they figured out that me and the pogues were on a gold hunt. They didn't fully believe it but they thought it was best if I left it alone.

In the morning I snuck downstairs and grabbed an apple and a whole cereal box for JJ. He loved dried cereal.

I was walking up to John Bs house when I saw something I hated. On the boat JJ and Kiara were laying together with a blanket over them. I hated it. I dropped the cereal box and ran inside John Bs house to see something confusing aswell. John B and Sarah were laying together on John Bs bed. Today couldnt get any worse. I went into John Bs kitchen and just sat there. Eventually Sarah woke up.

"Pope? What are you doing here?" She asked. "I could ask you the same thing." I answered back to her. "Oh um-" she told me struggling for words "Sarah its okay. I dont mind." I told her and then John B woke up. "Oh uh Pope-" he started, but I told him I'd already guessed.

"But um John B- what are JJ and Kiara doing out there?" I asked them. I had predicted the answer. They sat up and looked out the window. "Oh um they're-" Sarah said but she stopped. "Why do you care?" She said innocently. "No reason, just wondering. Have they been there all night?" I continued. "Yes." Sarah said. I decided to go outside and wake them up.

As soon as I stepped foot on the boat JJ woke up. "Oh uh Pope-" he started to talk. "So now your sleeping with my ex too?" I shouted at him angrily. "Pope I'm not your ex! We were never together! I rejected you! Remember?" Kiara woke up and yelled at me. I was hurt. "Kiara!" I yelled back at her. "WHAT? POPE!" She screamed. "I can be with whoever I want to be with." She added a little more calmly, though still frustrated. "Leave me alone." She finally added. "FINE!" I yelled back and fastly walked back.

KIES POV

"Sorry about that JJ. You can go back to sleep." I told him calmly, stroking his hair. "No I'm sorry Kie. I'm ruining your frienship with Pope. I should go." He told me. "JJ. Please stay. You haven't ruined anything. I'm the one who asked you to come here. I choose you." I said to him. Even though were just friends, I would choose him over anyone or anything. I loved JJ in friend way, and I always felt the need to protect him.

I kept telling myself I did only love him in friendship way, though I did feel something else for him. I always have. Whenever he would flirt with me I would always blush and get butterflies in my stomach. I would love it when he would braid my hair, the soft and gentle touch of his warm hand could always calm me. When the pogues would all watch a movie in my room for a sleepover I would always pick JJ to share my bed. It would never be in a romantic way, but I guess there was a reason. I felt safe with JJ. He was always so warm and gentle. Everyone calls him a player but I always beleive he would choose me over anyone.

"Kie. Can I stay with you in your house for a while? I really don't want to go back to my dad's." He asked me flickering myself back to reality. "Omg JJ ofcourse. You dont have to ask." I told him. Lets go and I can show you your room.