CHAPTER SEVEN

POPES POV

I hated myself that I wasn't there for her. She pushed me away from a hug when she had almost drowned. I was right, she wasn't into me.

I just wish i got there sooner, before JJ. That it was my arms she was holding onto, burying herself into my chest. Its always JJ. Never me. I loved Kiara, but I could tell that she loved JJ. As much as I hated the idea of them, I could never hate them. They were both my best friends. Though I was still bitter about it. I kicked my wardrobe in anger. It wasn't fair.

"Boy what are you doing up there?" My dad shouted from downstairs. "Nothing dad. Sorry." I said in reply. I collapsed onto my bed and slipped on my headphones. I ended up going to bed at eight o'clock listening to music.

Life wasn't bad though. I still enjoyed hanging out with my them, but I just felt so jealous when JJ and Kiara would flirt so much. The smallest of flirtatious remarks would drive me crazy. Why didn't she flirt with me? What was so bad about me? And what was so amazing about mr perfect JJ Maybank. He got amazing hair, handsome face. But no offense to him but he's a terrible person. He is filled with danger and recklessness. He always ends up getting into trouble and sometimes even jail. Me and my family are the ones that have to bail him out because God knows where his family is.

I mean, not to he a complete narcissist but I am smart, and... and the brains of the operation. Thats who I am. I guess Kiara doesn't like that. I dont blame her.

But overral, I was happy. Listening to music in bed pondering about life.