CHAPTER FIFTEEN

KIES POV

"What?" JJ asked, staring at me. I had no idea why I just said that, I didn't even think. It came out of nowhere.

"JJ." I said, both of us caught in eachothers gaze. His blonde wavy fluffy hair covered his forehead and his diamond eyes shone, looking at me. He leaned towards me and our lips met. I had been waiting for this moment for ages.

"Kie." JJ said staring at me, after we had finally managed to separate. We both burst out laughing.

"Pff!" I exclaimed, laughing. We both flopped onto the bed and laughed some more. A while later we layed back down and watch Titanic. "Please explain." JJ said still looking at the TV. His confusion was so cute. "I dont know either J." I said. I switched the TV off and turned to look to him. He turned to look at me aswell.

"What are you going to do about Pope?" JJ asked. Why do we always have to talk about me and Pope? I wanted to kiss you JJ can't you tell?

"We just having problems. I can tell he really likes me. I love Pope, but just not in that way. I dont feel anything when I'm with him." I replied. I grabbed JJs hand and started playing with his fingers. "Do you feel something with me?" He replied. I know he meant it in a silly and flitateous way but I responded with "Yes." He was shocked by this answer. He started stroking my hair and then kissed me.

His hands slipped around my waist and you can imagine what came next. I loved JJ, and in this moment I didn't think about Pope, or my parents, or the gold. All I wanted was JJ Maybank, the reckless bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks. That's who I wanted.

In the morning I turned over assuming I would see JJ, asleep pulling a cute face. But I didnt.
JJ was gone and I had a worrying feeling that he had gone back to his dads house. I quickly got dressed and ran out the house door sprinting as fast as I could to JJs house. As soon as I got to the door I hesitated, I didnt want to see his dad. I twisted the door handle and saw JJ lying on the floor in a pool of blood. For a moment I stopped breathing and I burst into tears, rushing to the unconscious JJ on the floor. "JJ PLEASE!" I yelled holding him in my arms like he had once done to me. "J PLEASE WAKE UP!" I screamed crying. "JJ I NEED YOU." I continued. I called 911 and they came and they rushed him to the hospital and I insisted I would stay with him in the ambulance. "JJ its okay, your going to be okay." I told him, still unconscious. I was still crying. I couldnt lose him.

We got to the hospital and he was rushed into the emergency room. I hated it dad so much. I despised him. I couldn't bear to imagine the thought of him hurting JJ. One of the nurses pulled me over to talk to me. "Name?" She asked me holding a clipboard full of questions. I was too sad to pay attention. She repeated.

"Name?"

"Uh- Kiara Carerra."

"Age?"

"16."

"Relation to patient?"

"Uh- Girlfriend."

"Ok thankyou. You can head home now dear."

"Oh no I'll be staying. Thankyou."

"Oh okay dear. I'm so sorry. He looks like a strong fighter. He'll get through this. May I ask how he got into this state?" She asked me. I knew JJ would like me to tell people about his dad. "Oh a surfing accident." I told them lying. I was taken to the room JJ would be staying in and I nestled down into a chair next to his bed. A couple hours later he came walking down the halls humming. "Oh Kie! You didn't have to stay." He said, acting cheerful. I ran up to him and hugged him. "JJ I was so worried. This has to stop." I told him. "Its okay Kie. Its normal for me." He told me queesing me tight. "Well it shouldn't be." I said. "I love you JJ but this is scaring me. You cant go back." I told him releasing me. "Ok Kie." He said. "Promise me." I said looking up at him. "I promise." He said and he pulled me into a kiss. "I'm so glad your okay." I said to him. "It really looked like it hurt." I told him. "It did." He said smirking. "Okay tough boy." I said as I chuckled. "Want me to go pick up some KFC?" I said.

"Oh my God Kie that would be great." He said holding my hands. "I love you too Princess." He shouted as I walked away, picking us up some Kentucky Fried Chicken. JJs favourite. I was so glad J was okay but I hated his dad for what he did.