CHAPTER NINE

AUTHORS NOTE
Hey guys! I will be starting to add longer chapters so more peoples  perspectives will be added to one single chapter. ~

JOHN B

I could tell Pope was sad and irritated by the way he was acting the day after. Something was going on between them three.

After Pope had left i decided to go back to the chateu to get some rest. It had been so long since I got a full night of sleep, after my dad went missing. I refused to beleive he was actually dead.

I curled into bed alone with my thoughts, thinking about my dad, foster care, and... Sarah Cameron. She dropped my off my favourite chips yesterday.

As I was about to fall asleep I looked out the window to stare at the waves and the sunset like I usually do, but I spotted JJ and Kiara still laying on the sand, talking and laughing.

After all this time they were still out there? Wouldn't their parents be worried? Surely Kiara would feel safer in her own home...

KIARAS POV

The place i felt safest was in JJ's arms, staring at the sunset as the crashing waves hit eachother. We were silent, and I never wanted this moment to end. JJ was so warm, and he just made me feel safe for some reason. Although he was reckless and got into trouble, I felt safe when I was with him. I know he would never let anything bad happen to me.

JJ slightly moved his hand and I noticed the cuts and bruises on it. Its his dad again. I keep telling JJ not to go home but he never listens. I'm so worried about him. I feel the need to always be by his side, one wrong look and he could be dead.

I turned my head to look at him. "Whats wrong?" He asked, looking at me. "Nothing. Just your dad. He's hurting you JJ and I can't sit back and watch." I said passionately. "Kie, there's nothing you can do." He said.

"I just wish I was there for you sooner." I said almost sadly. "Theres nothing you could've done. And anyway, your here with me now." He said whilst rubbing my shoulder. "Goodnight, J." I said. "Night Kie." He said and we lay there staring into the sea. I expected I would wake up and go back home, but when I did wake up it was morning.

"Shit. JJ!" I yelled-whispered. "What?" He said half asleep. "My parents! They must be worried sick! JJ we've been here the whole night!" I responded hurrying. "Oh shit. Its fine." He said back to me. "My parents are going to kill me!" I yelled. "Sorry. See you tommorow. And JJ, thankyou. For everything." I said, grabbing his hand. "I'm always here." He said glaring at me. I got up and starting running home. My parents were going to kill me.

"Kiara Carerra where the hell have you been?!" My mom shouted at me as I walked through the door. "Nowhere, I've just been hanging out with my friends." I said telling the truth. "All night?!" She said with one hand on her hip. "Yes." I said attempting to go upstairs into my room. "Kiara don't you dare walk away from me. What were you doing!" She yelled.

"Nothing, mom." I said to her. "Oh really? So you just happened to be with them all night? Its that Maybank kid isn't it?!" She yelled to me. "Mom what the hell?! No!" I answered back at her. "I always knew he was a reckless, troublesome, lowlife! Kiara one day he's going to end up in jail. Its destiny." She called to me. I was shocked. I hadnt heard my mom speak to me like this. I felt so defensive. "What the hell mom. Don't say that about JJ. He is an amazing and strong human being. You have no idea what shit he's been through!" I yelled back at her. "I'm leaving the house. I'm done." I added. "Fine! Leave the house! Leave your real family!" She shouted. "JJ has been more of a family to me then you've ever been!" I screamed as I raced upstairs and called JJ to pick me up.