"Mothers going to keep baby cosy and warm"

Winrys POV

Winry sat on the couch in front of the fireplace, watching the tiny little embers flicker of and burn things. It was fascinating how such little flicks of light could start a fire by themselves. It reminded her of Edward. How something so small could cause so much commotion. Everything seemed to remind Winry of her love. It wasn't hard to do that, not lately anyway.

Over here was where he feel of his tricycle at age 4

Over there was where he blew up a stuffed animal with alchemy at age 10

And this is where he fell asleep on my shoulder when we tried staying awake all night. We were about 12 then.

So many memories.

"Winry! Why don't you do something productive with your time before your appointment" Pinako called from the kitchen.

Winry shook her memories out of her head and sighed. She stood up, holding her now heavily pregnant belly, and made her way to her bedroom. She opened the door and peered into the dark room, expecting to see Edward sprawled out on the bed asleep.

But he wasn't there. Of course.

Winry slumped onto her bed and lit her oil lamp on the desk. Winrys bedroom was slowly beginning to turn into a nursery. There was an old white lace cott at the end of Winrys bed, it was the cott she slept in as a baby. There was a little shelf full of stuffed animals and children's books, and a dressing table across from the cott. It was a very cute little set up.

But there was something missing.....

"Oh a baby mobile!" Winry chirped in excitement.

Winry left the room and walked down to Pinako. She had half an hour until her doctor came, so she would have to be quick

"Granny Pinako?" Winry called.

"I'm over here!" Pinako called from the kitchen.

Winry walked in and smelt the delicious aroma of ramen.

"Would you have any idea where my old baby mobile would be?" She asked.

Pinako stirred her pot of ramen and thought about the question.

"Hmm well most likely in the shed with your other baby things id say" Pinako answered

"Oh thank you!" Winry exclaimed and headed off to the backyard where the shed was.

She heaved open the old rusty door and looked inside. It was dark and musty, cobwebs hung from every little crevasse and there were sure signs of rats living here. Winry shivered and slowly walked inside. She looked around through the many boxes until see found one titled 'baby things' which unfortunately was the box on top of the huge pile. Winry looked up at it and gulped. She knew she had to climb to get it.

"Oh boy" Winry sighed as she begun her ascent up Mount Everest.

Winry reached up for the box, being careful not to fall or slip. As she reached up she grabbed something furry and squishy "ohh a teddy bear" Winry exclaimed.

Only it wasn't a teddy bear.

The object In Winrys hand gave a squeal and bit her finger. Winry yelped and flung her hand away, sending the rat flying through the air and out the door. But Winry had lost her balance and she came crashing down with a yelp, the many boxes falling with her.

"Oww" Winry complained, holding her head and lying with the boxes of junk around her.

She slowly stood up, a little dazed, and found the baby box siting in front of her feet.

I guess there was some method to her madness.

Winry picked up the box and stumbled out of the shed and into the sunlight, where she placed the box down and started looking through the con tense.

She found old Brocken toys and little spoons with bowls and all sorts of junk.

Winry was starting to get frustrated, until she found it.

She held the mobile up and examined it. It was blue and red with little metal creations hanging from it. There was a fish, a bird, a horse, a rose and a book.

This was not Winrys baby mobile, but Edwards.

Winry looked at the creation closely, trying to work it out. She had few memories of it until a flashback washed over her head.

Enter flashback

"Hey Ed, don't blow up the house!" Alphonse joked as he rocked back and forth on his ass.

"Don't be a poopy head, I know what I'm doing!" Edward shot back. He finished his chalk transmutation circle and placed his ingredients down in it's appropriate place.

"Don't hurt yourself eddy" Winry said softly. She always grew frightened when Edward performed alchemy.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine" Edward said encouragingly, sticking out his chest to make himself look tough.

"Alright, here it goes!" Edward exclaimed, clapping his hands together and slamming them in the ground, creating a bright blue flash of light.

Winry covered her eyes and Alphonse watched intently. Edward had made 6 tiny little objects. A fish, a bird, a horse, a rose, a book and a love heart.

"What are you going to do with those" Alphonse asked.

"I'll hang them up in our room, pretty neat Huh?" Edward asked Winry.

Winry opened her eyes and smiled. "Yea! Cool as!"

"Edward! Alphonse! Winry! Dinners ready!" Granny Pinako called from the kitchen.

"Coming!" Alphonse called back, getting up and running to the kitchen.

Winry stood up and headed towards the kitchen, but was stopped by Edwards little arm.

"Uh hey Winry...t-this is f-for you" Edward stuttered as he held out his hand, holding the small little heart he made.

Winry blinked at him in surprise and took the heart from Ed, examining it. She held her head up to thank him, but Edward had already left.

The little girl held it too her chest and smiled.

Leave flashback

Winry smiled as she remember that days events. They had only been little. Winry felt a tear roll down her cheek as she thought about Edward. She missed him so much.

Winry stood up and took the mobile inside and into her bedroom. Winry bandaged her hand and hung the mobile up above the cott and examined it. It looked slightly out of place with the rest of the room. But Winry loved it.

"Winry! The doctors here for you appointment!" Pinako called from downstairs.

Winry brushed the dirt off her dress and left the bedroom.

The little mobile hung above the cott. The little mobile that Edward had made. Which he made for his child.