"You promised you'd never leave, i promised id never cry"

Come on Winry open up!" Edward shouted from behind Winrys bedroom door. Ed had been knocking for almost half an hour, but Winry wouldn't reply. She had stormed off after hearing Edward agree to leave and hunt down innocence.

"Winry please let's talk about this! Just open the door!" Edward shouted.

"God she's such a stubborn gear head" Edward whisper in frustration under his breath.

"What did you say!?" Winry shouted as she flung the door open, nearly knocking Edward onto his ass.

"God damn it Winry just calm down!" Edward said sternly.

"Calm down!? Are you serious? God your such an idiot!" Winry shot back. She turned on her heel and stormed off into her bedroom, slamming the door behind her, but Edward was too quick, holding it open with his hand.

"Winry I'm sorry okay but I have to do this, you know I have to" Edward said, walking in behind her.

Winry shook her head. "No you don't! Alphonse is going and that's enough! You promised you'd stay here with me!" Winry yelled, her voice trembling.

"You know I wouldn't let Al go alone, and I'm there best hope to catch this thing. I'll come home safe and sound I promise" Edward pleaded.

Winrys bottom lip trembled and her eyes started too tear up. "No Ed. I can't risk loosing you again. I - I love you" Winry stuttered.

Edward frowned and sat down next to Winry. "I love you too Winry, you know I do. But if there's innocent people being hurt then I have too help. I have to stop it" Edward said.

Winry looked Edward in the eyes and shook her head again. "Edward you don't have to be the hero all the time! I need you! Your child needs you remember!? What would I do if you died?!" Winry cried. She started shaking and chocking on sobs. Edward didn't know what too do.

"Winry I-" Ed started but Winry shook away from his grasp.

"No Edward you need to decide what's more important! Your family or your fame!" Winry cried. She stood up and jstarted running towards the door, but Edward stood up and grabbed her hand, pulling Winry back so he could embrace her in a tight hug, holding her close to him, it was all Edward knew to do while she was like this.

Winry stood in shock for a few seconds before hugging Edward back and crying into his shoulder.

"Winry it's okay, it will be okay I promise." He whispered, slowly rocking Winry.

"What if it's not ed? What if your luck runs out?" Winry cried.

Edward sighed and rested his head on top of Winrys. Edward could easily see how Winry could be so worried. The amount of times Edward had almost died was uncountable, and without his alchemy he will be very disadvantaged. but this was something he had too do. but he didnt know how to explain this to her.

"Winry remember all those times me and Al had to leave you and Pinako here? All the times you worried and cried for us? And no matter what happened to me and Alphonse we always came back home. I'll never leave you. Ever" Edward said.

Winry sniffed and looked up at Edward. "Alright....Ed if you have to then fine. But please...promise me you'll come home" Winry said.

Edward gave Winry a little smile and kissed her forehead. "I promise. I promise I'll be here to see you give birth to our little baby" Edward said.
They both smiled at each other as Edward wiped Winrys tears away.

"It's been a long day. You should get some rest. I'll be up shortly" Edward said and smoothed Winrys hair down.

"Yeah sure Ed" Winry said softly.

Edward let Winry go and left the room, walking down the stairs to meet Colonel Mustang, Lieutenant Hawkeye and Alphonse.

"So? Did you sort it out?" Roy asked.

"Yeah. It's under control now" Edward said.

"Good. We leave first thing in the morning. Be prepaid"

Ed and Al both saluted the Colonel as him and Riza left the room.

Roy and mustang stood outside and headed to the vehicle.

"Colonel, do you think Edward should really leave Winry at a time like this? I don't believe it's very fair" Riza said with concern.

Mustang opened the car door for her and watched her get in.

"It's not as If I didn't give him a choice. He made that decision for himself. And personally I admire him for what he chose" mustang said, as he climbed into the drivers seat.