Chapter 37

Caroline sat on her simple beige couch, finishing the last journal. She had convinced herself that a love so strong could really exist and wanted nothing more than to own day experience such a thing. She walked back up to her room placing the journal back in the box with the others. For some reason, she had grown strangely attached to them and found herself wishing there were more to read. The last journal talked of returning back to a home they shared in London to see their family. Caroline found herself wondering what their family was like since the women never once mentioned them in any of the journals. She twisted her lips into a small frown as she closed the box, grateful that she had been able to read about such an incredible bond.

She walked back down the stairs to the living room reminiscing about her date with Klaus from last night. The connection they had shared on just a first date was so intense and electric that she had found herself dreaming about him last night and still today her mind was consumed by images of him.

She heard her phone beep pulling her from her thoughts of their date.

She looked down and saw it was a message from Klaus. "I want to see you. May I pick you up in an hour?"

Caroline let out a loud squeal and she quickly responded. "Sounds great!"

She ran back upstairs to her bedroom throwing on a dark pair of skinny jeans and a coral tank top. Throwing her hair into a perfect ponytail she took the time to place on just a hint of powder, mascara and of course her favorite pink lip gloss. She grabbed a simple pair of heels and her jean jacket as she heard the bell ring. She hopped down the stair, a smile gracing her features as she opened the door.

"Good afternoon, love." He smiled as he handed her a large beautiful bouquet of pink peonies. She couldn't help but beam as she gazed upon them.

"Wow, they are gorgeous!" She gushed inhaling their sweet scent. "Let me go put them in some water and then we can get going."

She took the flowers to the kitchen not taking her eyes off of them. It was the first time a guy had ever given her flowers and she was thrilled that Klaus was her first. She was hoping to experience a lot of firsts with him.

"So what did you have planned for today?" She asked walking outside with him towards his large black SUV.

"I thought we could just spend some time together. Maybe lunch and then a walk around town." He smiled at seeing how excited she was to be with him. He was thrilled she was so interested in him without her memories of their past.

They drove to a small expensive Italian restaurant on the far side of town that she had never been to before. After eating they sat for over two hours laughing and talking. He wanted to know everything about her and it felt good to have someone so interested in her.

After lunch they spent the rest of the afternoon walking through town. She showed him all of the different landmarks and the best places to visit. All of which he already knew but he loved to listen to her angelic voice, he found himself lost in complete bliss at being able to simply walk through such a small insignificant town with her by his side. He always felt complete when she was by his side.

They reached her house around dinner time and she invited him in to eat with her. Her mom of course was working as usual so she enjoyed having someone to dine with. She wished she was a better cook but she was not ready to say good bye to him just yet.

"Sorry if it tastes horrible." She said giving a small nervous laugh.

He chuckled at how she would never change, she reminded him of the Caroline from the past at that moment. Caroline was a horrible cook in the past as well but he none the less he always choked down everything she ever prepared for him. Never complaining, she was none the wiser till she cooked for Kol in the mid nineteenth century. He immediately spat it back out and cursed, screaming she must be trying to kill him with such atrocious food. Klaus had flashed across the table and instantly snapped his neck before convincing her that Kol was simply joking. She rarely cooked after that and Klaus was secretly grateful to Kol for it.