22

Warnings:
-Mentions of everything that happened

George's POV

It was a few days later and I was sitting in the hallway of the school with Clay on my lap while I helped him with his homework.

'Do you understand?'

Clay nodded slowly and turned around on my lap. 'T-t-thank y-you,' he giggled.

I smiled and ran my hand through his hair to ruffle it up again. He always found that funny and the smallest things made him really happy already. 'If you understand it all, do you want to go back inside of the classroom?'

Clay shook his head and wrapped his arms around my waist. 'I w-want t-t-to be w-with you.'

'After school we are going to hang out!'

Clay nodded, but wrapped his arm around my waist, resting his head on my chest since he was tired. I smiled and then heard footsteps coming closer to us.

'Boys, after school you can cuddle,' someone said. I looked up and saw the principal grinning at us.

'Excuse us,' I muttered.

She smiled. 'No worries, but now go back inside or work again.'

I stood up with Clay and we went inside of the classroom again.

After school I went to Clay's place. We walked home since Clay enjoyed walking home while holding my hand and telling me stories. He was very comfortable with me and liked to tell stories. When he realised I didn't mind him taking twenty minutes to tell me just one story, he started doing it more often.

After our walk, we arrived at Clay's place and when we walked in, I saw Reman sit on the couch next to his mother while he cried. He didn't notice us coming in and sniffed loudly.

'She just hurt me so much and I felt so alone,' he whispered. 'I did so many things wrong and it was deserved, but I just felt so stuck and alone.'

I cleared my throat and Reman looked up, wiping his tears away. 'Sorry, I'll leave.'

'No, stay. Why would you have to leave?'

'Because everything is just uncomfortable between us, I'm sorry.'

'It's not uncomfortable to me,' I said with a smile. 'No worries.'

I sat down on the other couch with Clay and Clay cuddled up with me since he was still tired. He rested his head on my chest and closed his eyes with a satisfied smile. The last few days, he had constantly said short words or sentences to Reman. When he noticed Reman didn't laugh at him anymore, he gave him a tight hug and couldn't stop smiling anymore.

Clay and I ended up going upstairs to play Minecraft and Clay sat on my lap since he was too tired to play right now. After a bit, I got tired too and we laid down on Clay's bed to fall asleep.

6 months later...

I was walking Buddy with Clay and Clay was running around while I was holding the leash. The last months a lot has changed, mostly in a positive way.

My parents tried to talk to me again which firstly caused me to run off like last time. Eventually, I gave up and ended up crying, telling them everything when I didn't even plan to ever tell them.

I told them that even though I had ADHD and a mood disorder, I was just as normal as every other person. I told them that they were always strict on me even though I tried my hardest to be perfect and that I was so scared to tell them anything because I knew they would get mad at me for being a disappointment.

My mother walked away and my father didn't talk much, but then a few hours later they came back and apologised. I found it hard to realise and accept, but I eventually did accept it and now everything had been going way better. They accepted me the way I was and sent me to a therapist for my mood disorder and ADHD.

I got better medication which helped really well and obviously it wasn't gone, but I had been doing a lot better and had less mood swings. If I did have one, Clay was always there to help me.

My sister was doing great. She finished high school and became good friends with Clay too. Clay told her stories too because she always let Clay take all the time he needed. Even though he sometimes talked a little bit unclearly, Mia and I always understood what he tried to tell us which made him really happy.

Reman had fully changed since something happened. He randomly ended up falling in love with Mia and Mia fell in love with him. Firstly they didn't tell anyone for months since they thought we wouldn't like it, but after they told us, I was mostly excited.

They were together for three months now and I became good friends with Reman again. His ex got arrested and was sent to jail after abusing and assaulting him. Reman was more free and happier and loved his little brother, Clay, now. They often watched movies together and Clay hugged Reman when he got excited that he was nice.

Clay was still selective muted, but he could talk to some more people now. He met some of the guys in my football team and dared to speak to them now, just as me, his brother, his parents, my parents, Mia and a few of his teachers.

I looked up at Clay who was excitedly running around. He still struggled, but I helped him every day with his homework which helped him a lot. He also still wrote notes to me, but not secretively anymore. They made me so happy that I kept them safe in my bag.

Clay ran to me and made me stop walking to give me a tight hug. 'I l-love you, t-thanks t-to y-you I'm n-no longer s-silent around y-y-you.'

'I love you too and there's no need to be scared around me at all. Your voice is beautiful and I can't be happier to have you as my best friend,' I smiled as I gave him a hug.

1059 words