21

Warnings:
-Mentions abuse/sexual assault

George's POV

Reman sighed softly as he looked at us and then bit his lips while trying not to cry.

'It's a long story,' he muttered as he sat up in his bed while looking extremely sad suddenly. 'And weird.'

'Look, Reman. You've hurt Clay multiple times and you sexually assaulted George.'

'Clay deserved-,' Reman started, but Mia appeared to be sick of it. She walked closer to Reman, didn't hesitate for any longer and slapped him in his face.

'No, you're going to explain everything without keeping up this stupid mask of yours. You know Clay didn't deserve it.'

Reman let out a careful sob and looked down at his hands. 'I'm stuck.'

We all stood in silence in his room while listening to Reman who was trying to talk instead of cry.

'Someone is threatening me,' he whispered.

'Who and with what?'

'I don't want to say,' he muttered.

'How do we know you're not lying then? After everything you've done, I think it's fair enough if we know what has been going on all this time.'

Reman sniffed softly and sighed. 'Fine, but you'll all find me weird and just dumb afterwards.'

I shrugged. 'I just want to know, that's all.'

'Fine,' Reman said with a sigh. 'It started three years ago. I uh- got a girlfriend.'

I looked up and frowned.

'Yes, I hid that I have a girlfriend. She was really sweet to me at first, she started buying me presents and spent a lot of time with me. I'm a very affectionate person so she hugged me a lot and kissed me and it made me feel so happy and loved.'

We all just listened without stopping him and he sighed softly again.

'But I guess good things don't last forever. She got more possessive of me, started checking my phone, screaming at me when I was too late and constantly asking me if I had a relationship with someone else. It hurt me, but I promised her that I didn't and stayed with her.'

He was looking at his hands and had a really sad look in his eyes.

'Then she started hurting me,' Reman whispered. 'She kicked me, she hit me. She even touched me when I didn't want her to. I was too weak to leave her, I believed that it was my fault, but I felt so alone.'

Clay found it very sad and slowly walked closer, crawling onto Reman's bed to give him a hug. Reman smiled shortly and hugged Clay as he stared at us.

'I don't hate Clay, but I was jealous. My girlfriend kept hurting me and doing things I didn't want him to and I couldn't talk to anyone about it. Clay needed more attention at home and as soon as I did something, I got sent to my room, my phone got taken or I wasn't allowed to come downstairs with dinner. And that was deserved, but I was so jealous that my parents did love Clay.'

'And your girlfriend?' Mia asked.

'It gets worse. I was so sick of it after she abused me every single day and tried to do other things I really didn't want to, so I said I was leaving her. She gave me two options. Either I stay with her or she will reveal a few of my secrets if I don't do what she says. I chose the last thing since I wanted her to stop hurting me.'

'What does she make you do?' I asked quietly.

'She made me hit Clay, she made me sexually assault you, she made me beat guys up,' Reman whispered. 'And after all this I don't think it was worth listening to her. I wouldn't want my secrets to come out, but it's better if they do.'

'Do you want to tell them to us?' I asked.

'It's going to make things really uncomfortable. I was also just too scared for anyone knowing I got abused by my girlfriend since there's such a stupid taboo about that.'

'It's fine,' Mia answered. 'Boys get abused too.'

'She knows I'm jealous of Clay and she knows that I stole stuff to finally get friends,' he muttered. 'I know it's stupid, but I was hopeless and alone. I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm just jealous and I'm sorry for that.'

I smiled shortly. 'It's fine. It might have not been the best thing to do, but I understand it too.'

'I'm so sorry for touching and kissing you. Clay, he did choose you over me which hurt me, but he didn't lie to you. I'm just really sad because of what happened to me in the past and I often feel alone.'

'Would you like to help us tell your mother?' Mia asked.

Reman didn't answer and bursted into tears. 'I don't know how to get rid of my ex, she's everywhere and she's constantly stalking me, giving me new things to do. I don't want everyone to know that I stole, that I'm jealous of my brother and just an idiot. I just hate myself for everything I've done, but I didn't want to.'

I smiled shortly and walked closer. 'I personally don't mind and I forgive you for what you've done.'

'Can't we just go to the police? She hurt you and sexually assaulted you. She can go to jail for abuse, sexual assault and blackmail,' Mia said.

'Really?' Reman asked. His face lit up. 'Can I then finally live a free life?'

'I hope so,' Mia said. 'And don't worry, you'll find someone one day, as long as you just act like Reman and not some sort of dick.'

'I will,' Reman said as he nodded. He looked at Clay with a smile. 'I was jealous of you, but I love you so much. You've always been my little brother and even though you need more care, I still love you.'

He kissed Clay's cheek and Clay giggled shortly, resting his head on Reman's chest.

'Do you want to forgive me? I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. There's no making it right except asking for forgiveness.'

Clay took a deep breath. 'I f-forgive you,' he whispered.

1038 words