18

Warnings:
-None

George's POV

Clay spent a week at my place before going back to school. He didn't want to go home yet because he really enjoyed being with me. He even felt so comfortable around Mia that he dared to say some words to her.

My parents had a talk with me a few days ago. I was too scared to tell them how I was really feeling with everything they did to me and ended up going to my room where Clay was laying on my bed to rest.

His ribs were doing a bit better, but he was still more breathless than usually. His chest was bruised as well, but the pain was getting a little bit less since we cooled it every day and he rested a lot.

I was sitting on my chair, writing some things down I had to remember as I heard that Clay was giggling in my bed. He sat up with a smile and looked at with.

'What are you laughing at?' I said with a smile.

'S-secret,' he giggled. 'I-I-I g-go t-to school.'

'Without me?' I asked as he stood up while laughing happily.

'S-secret,' he said with a smile as he came back to hug me. 'I-I need a few m-minutes.'

He started counting on my hands how long he needed but shrugged. 'I d-don't know h-how long.'

'That's fine,' I said with a smile. 'I'll go a bit later than you. Five minutes later?'

'I d-don't k-know how l-l-long that i-is.'

I smiled and kissed his cheek. 'Don't worry, Clay. That's totally fine, I know you have trouble with numbers and time.'

'What d-does that m-m-mean?'

'Don't worry about it,' I smiled, ruffling his hair up. I knew he often found it hard to understand what I was saying due to his language processing disorder.

Clay smiled shyly after I hugged him and he gave me another tight hug after that. I pulled him closer to me and he ended up falling back on the bed. 'Hugs!'

I giggled. 'Yes, hugs,' I answered with a giggle. 'I like your hugs a lot.'

'I l-l-like h-hugs f-from n-nice people!'

'I do too!' I smiled. 'And you're my best friend!'

Clay hugged me for a while and giggled with red cheeks. 'S-school.'

'Fine,' I said with a smile. 'Do I get my hugs again today?'

Clay nodded and squeezed his hands out of happiness. He quickly ran off and I stood up to change clothes. Clay had already changed before me and I sighed softly as I smiled.

Out of nowhere, my happy mood changed to a very sad one and I decided to stand up to walk to Mia to talk about it instead of bottling it up.

She was in her room and I knocked on the door, entering her room after she hummed.

'What's up?' Mia asked as I sighed deeply while sitting down on her bed with another dramatic sigh.

'I just feel like shit it makes me sad that I can't speak much about it since our parents just find me dumb.'

Mia hugged me tightly and smiled as she stood up. 'It's totally fine, George. You can talk to me and I'll stand up for you when you need me to. They have always been mean to you with no reason and that's enough now.'

I smiled. 'Thank you. I just wanted to say that I'm going to school now. Clay already went to school because he's doing something secretive,' I giggled. 'Knowing him, he's probably surprising someone.'

'Aww, that's sweet of him.'

'He's really sweet,' I said with a smile. I felt a little bit better knowing my sister was on my side and I sighed softly as I turned around. 'I'm going to school.'

'Okay, good luck!'

I nodded and ran downstairs, grabbing an apple as I left. My mother looked at me with a frown. 'You seem happy.'

'I am,' I muttered. I wished I could just tell her why I was this happy, but I took a bite of my apple and started walking to the door to leave.

'Do you and Clay have something together? You know we-.'

'I'm late, bye!' I yelled as I ran away. It still annoyed me a lot that they didn't want to accept us being friends.

I grabbed my bike and started cycling to school, running inside of it. I wanted to walk to my locker as I saw Clay standing in front of it, pushing some coloured notes inside.

My cheeks started burning and I started smiling very brightly as I realised Clay had been writing notes to me all this time.

I found him so sweet and decided to walk up to him. With a big smile I gently hugged him from behind by wrapping my arms around his shoulders. Clay seemed to get startled and he looked around him with an open mouth.

'You have been writing those cute notes to me all this time?' I asked with a giggle. 'Those notes made me so happy. Definitely when I was feeling sad and you cheered me up with them again.'

Clay giggled shyly. 'Y-you weren't s-s-supposed to k-know.'

I turned him around and gave him a hug. 'Thank you, Clay. It means a lot to me.'

I grabbed the notes he just pushed into my locker as I held him tightly against my body. I started reading with a big smile.

I can be onest know and I reali love you a lot :)

You're te butifullest freind I wil ever haf :)

I love tat your my freind <3

I smiled shyly. Clay giggled shortly and I hugged him as tightly as I could without hurting his ribs. 'I love that you're my friend too, Clay.'

'Y-y-yes!' Clay happily said. He was nervous because of the excitement which caused him to stutter more.

'Thank you for being my friend when I needed someone the most.'

1055 words