20

Warnings:
-Mentions sexual assault

Clay's POV

After I saw George kiss my brother, I ran off while crying. I really loved George a lot and I couldn't understand why he would do such a thing. It broke my heart and I was so sad that I hadn't stopped crying anymore. Why would he lie about being my friend?

I decided to go to George's house to talk to Mia since she was the only one I was able to talk to next to my parents, my teacher and George. I needed her now and maybe she knew why George would do such a thing to me.

I sniffed softly while opening George's door to his house and I saw Mia sit down on the couch as I walked in slowly while pouting. George's mother frowned and Mia immediately stood up.

'Come with me,' she said as she grabbed my hand to pull me up to the stairs. She understood I could only talk to her when we were alone and we went to her room as I cried even louder.

'What's wrong, Clay?' Mia asked as she grabbed my hand.

'G-G-George w-was k-kissing Reman, b-but I thought h-h-he chose m-me.'

Mia frowned and nodded slowly. 'Who was he kissing?'

'M-my b-brother. I d-don't get i-it. R-R-Reman is a-always mean t-to me.'

'Come here,' Mia said as she pulled me closer. 'I'm almost sure there's something behind this. Would you like to go to your place and talk to George or your brother?'

'I-I m-miss h-him so m-m-much,' I whispered as I stood up slowly, sniffing loudly another time.

'I think he misses you too. Let's ask him, okay? We are going to let him explain before anything else happens.'

I nodded slowly and walked downstairs while holding Mia's hand. We walked to the door and just started walking towards my place while Mia was talking to me to calm me down. I was still crying softly as I missed George's hugs and his presence around me.

When we were midway of the walk, I suddenly saw someone on a bike coming closer. He slowed down and stepped off as soon as he recognised us. When I realised it was George, I looked at the ground while pouting.

George grabbed my shoulders and I noticed tears streaming down his face. 'Clay, please forgive me. I promise you that I didn't want that. Reman came in when you went to the toilet and he grabbed my shoulders and pushed me down. I couldn't fight against it because he hurt me and then started kissing me.'

George showed me his wrist which had a bruise on it and a tear rolled down his face.

'I'm so sorry, Clay. I chose you, I don't want to be friends with anyone else than you. You are the light in my life and when I have bad mood swings you're always there to cheer me up. I genuinely love you and I would NEVER lie to you.'

I looked at Mia and she smiled shortly. 'I don't think he's lying.'

'Reman h-hurt you?'

'He basically sexually assaulted me and hurt my wrist.'

I walked closer and wrapped my arms around George's waist to hug him. George held onto me very tightly and started sobbing softly.

'I didn't want to, Clay. I didn't want him to do that at all. I care so much about you and I wouldn't do anything that makes me lose you.'

'I-I love y-you,' I whispered, looking up at George.

He looked down at me and leaned forwards. 'You mean everything to me, Clay.'

I walked into his arms and rested my head on his chest as Mia giggled. 'Guess who is third wheeling here between two cute idiots.'

George giggled rolled his eyes after. 'You can get a hug too, Clay is your friend too, right?'

Mia smiled and nodded, giving Clay a hug. Clay got really happy and jumped up and down, looking at Mia. 'Would you like to go to your place, Clay?'

I nodded and grabbed George's hand. He smiled at me. 'You're so sweet,' he giggled as I started hopping around out of excitement.

We walked to my house and I noticed my mother left when I saw a note laying down on the table saying she was doing the groceries.

'What if we talk to Reman?' Mia asked. 'We don't have to but I would like to know why he's always this mean. Would there be something behind it?'

George agreed, but I hid myself as I wrapped my arms around his waist. 'S-scary,' I whispered.

'You don't have to say anything and George and I will both protect you,' Mia said. 'He's not going to touch you with a finger and if he does, we are gone immediately.'

I nodded slowly and sighed softly.

'I can go alone too at first and call you if he has something useful to say?'

'We can come with you. At least, I can,' George said. 'I'd like to know why he did that to me.'

I grabbed George's hand tightly and he knew I was scared. 'I'm with you, Clay. There's no need to be scared, I'll protect you and so will Mia. I'm really strong,' he said while giggling at the last part. 'Maybe not REALLY strong, but I am kind of strong.'

I giggled shyly and agreed to it. 'I-I-I w-will c-come w-w-with y-you if h-he i-i-isn't g-going to hurt m-me.'

'He won't hurt you, because we will protect you,' Mis said as we started walking up the stairs.

George was holding my hand and I walked behind him so I could hide myself behind him while we went to Reman's room.

Mia knocked on the door and we went inside of his room, seeing Reman cry as he sat up and immediately wiped his tears away. 'What do you want?' he muttered as he sniffed softly and looked at us three.'

'An explanation,' Mia said as she stepped closer. 'And right now too.'

1032 words