She was even friends with Safwa now. How that had happened he didn't know but he was mainly the reason behind it. Worrying over him when he was out there fixing someone's face for them and catching proverbial demons, they had bonded over cursing him and wishing for his safe return. It was a flex on his part. Hesham grinned as he parked his car into the designated area of the restaurant.

He got out and stood there for a while just admiring the building. The road he had just driven on would turn the corner and that would lead straight to their university campus.

A place that held a plethora of memories for all of them.

Hesham shook his head and taking off his shades, entered through the huge doors. The interior was bland, indicating the restaurant hadn't been in use for months now. That was never the state of it when they all frequented it.

Granna's had their best days scattered in its nook and corners. Birthday parties, pre exam stress relief, post exams celebration, something to discuss? Let's go to Granna's. Something to ignore? How about having our favourite shakes at Granna's, they celebrated Safwa's birthday here, Sarim's every little achievement, Elaf loved their chocolate shake and scones, Izaan always preferred the seat opposite to the window and no one ever called him out for it, They had celebrated Safwa and Izaan's love here. Elaf had told them about her new living arrangements at the Durranis here only. This wasn't just a restaurant. It was their space, had been for years before they all got lost in the dust of life and nothing remained the same after that.

Hesham found Aneeqa coming towards him and he immediately schooled his expressions.

"How are you doing, Aneeqa?"

He asked conservationally. She smiled at him.

"I'm doing good, sir. It's nice to see you after so many days."

The mirth in her voice gave him the idea that she'd been a witness to her boss cursing him when he was MIA.

"Where's the Satan queen?"

Aneeqa pointed towards the more inside wing of the ground floor where the kitchens were situated and found Safwa sitting there with an old woman. Mrs. Khalid. She was the owner and apparently the Granna on who's name this restaurant was. Hesham smiled and made his way towards the two ladies. No hesitation in his steps. He was always invited because it was about Safwa.

Safwa gave him a cursory glance and Hesham chuckled seeing her eyes had narrowed. She again turned to Mrs. Khalid, who had a sad smile on her face.

"This place holds memories for me. In fact a huge part of my life. It was what my husband left for me when he died almost twenty years back. I had my family. My sons and daughters. I had to support them. And that's what I did. This place started as a very modest roadside cafe. I don't know if it could be called that or not. But we grew in the business and in clientele. The essence of the place remained the same though. At the start of this year when my son asked me to wrap the business and move in with him and his family. I was confused and conflicted. But every good comes to an end. I'm leaving the country so I can't keep it. My only hope was finding a buyer who'd understand the sentiments this place has. It has stories. It has emotions. I've seen groups of friends coming here on their first day of university and then having their final farewell here as well after convocation. It's something very surreal."

She looked around at the walls which had been her home for almost two decades now.

"I'm glad it's going in your hands, Safwa. You also have memories here. I believe you'd take good care of it."

Safwa held her hand in hers and gave her a reassuring smile.

"You can always come here whenever you visit Pakistan. I can assure you, you will find it running better whenever you visit."