Chapter 22: Evidence Doesn't Lie

Daniel's POV
It was a terrible sight laid in front of me. I couldn't take my eyes off. Her blood was flowing out, slowly leaving her body, her hair covered her face.
My shaky breath was all I could hear as I slowly walked to her.

I wanted to say her name but nothing came out of me. I stood, her body under me, my bare feet on her blood. I just stared, I couldn't do anything,
Move,
Talk,
Just to look.

I bent down to touch her but out of nowhere, I saw my self holding her down by the neck. I strangled her wanting her dead but soon she opened her mouth and screamed so loud. My ears hurt like- no, I didn't even know how to describe that unbearable pain.

I let go of her, grabbing my ears as I cursed her. It felt like forever and the pain became worse.
At last the scream stopped and with fear in my body, I redrew my hands from my ears. I was shocked at the warm blood on my fingers.

It came from my ears. I started to panic, I wanted to scream,

"You bastard! You killed her!!"

As I stepped back, gathering the little energy I had, I shouted at the sudden pain from my leg and from there, I fell down a hill.
There was nothing to hold on to or to step on, I just fell and the dark forest I was once in, turned black. I continued to fall and I could feel myself getting close to the ending, until I could hear in the darkness, Tina,

"Hello..Daniel! Please get here fast..your sis-"

Before I could touch the floor....

"Tina!" I shouted loudly as I abruptly sat up on my bed, fully awake from my terrible dream.

I looked around my room frantically and looked down at my hands. I touched my ears and felt my feet.

I sighed in great relief that it was all just a dream. I rubbed my face and realized I was sweating so hard even when the AC was on and my shirt was just soaked out of sweat.
I tried to calm down taking deep breaths and finally I was able to relax telling myself that it wasn't real and I wasn't dead.

I gulped down the glass of water and put it back on my bedside table. I lied back down; my breath... steady. I checked the time on my phone.
"

4:15" I muttered.

Even if I was calm, my body was still shaking from the trauma. I couldn't make it stop.
After all my efforts of going to sleep, I decided to take a cold shower to get the feeling out of my head.
I pulled off my clothes and went into the shower. It was freezing cold, but for the best.

I wish I had heard what she said.

"Was she trying to tell me something?"

Because no doubt that she was trying to. Everything that happened in my dream had occurred in real life when Tina died.

That girl I was after, I didn't know how she looked like, how she sounded; nothing that could give me a clue. Of course after I showered, sleep had left me, being replaced by immediate hunger.
On my way downstairs to the kitchen,  I stopped and eyed Clara's room door.