Chapter 14: Just Keep Going

It was 10:56 am in the morning and Easton was at his office at home. He was busy with a lot of papers and he had been on a call with Alia recently. She was still on her "trip", as she said she was, so Easton had nothing to worry about.
Clara had gone to school earlier today so she wasn't going to be home till 4:00 pm. Daniel was at home, doing things unknown to him. He didn't mind.

As he just finished reading a document, he was about to sign when his pen accidentally dropped on the floor. He bent down still on his seat to pick it up.
When he retrieved the pen, he slowly sat back up. Then the huge family portrait that was hanged on his wall caught his eye.

His face saddened deeply as memories fled back. He had missed her, her brightness, her smile, everything.
The moment those bastards killed her, he lost everything.
His true happiness, his daughter's bright personality, the voices of laughter and joy booming around the house..
All Gone.
"Oh Gabby" he sighed under his breath, as he looked at the frame.

Her death was terrible, her blood was everywhere. And before she could make it to the hospital, she had already passed away.

"All because of that damn bullet!" He shouted at particularly no one in annoyance and anger.

He had hated himself for not being able to save her. And now his only daughter hates him for marring Alia. Bringing pain into her life.
And because of him, she now has a serious anger condition. It wasn't easy taking care of her as a single father, especially when he had work to do. The maids were able to keep Clara busy for a whole year while he stayed at prison.

He growled and then threw his glass cup at his wall at up most frustration and immediately, a knock came on his office door. He sighed heavily breathing all the self anger away.
"Who is it?" He asked,

"Its Betty sir, if its ok, I can come back later" She said from the other side.

Easton then thought that she probably must have heard the glass break and she got scared.
"No no its ok come in" Easton approved.

He sat back on his seat and Betty entered his office closing it behind her. Betty first saw her boss then the shattered glass bits on the ground right under the family portrait.
Betty sighed sadly.
"You miss her too huh?" Easton said, looking at the portrait with her.

"She was a good woman sir. She didn't deserve to die"

"I know. She did a lot for you and your mates. Anyways," Easton looked st Betty,
"Why are you here please?"

Betty faced Easton.
"Sir, Madame Lea said to inform you that all of the cleaning supplies had finished"

"Wait, really?"

"Yes, especially the ones in the extra store room sir"

"Wow. Well, they did last for a long time. Alright, I'll send some of the guards to buy the supplies for you. Just give them a list of what you need"

"Thank you sir" Betty said bending down in respect.

"I would have given Alia the job of telling them, but she isn't around at the moment."

'Thank God' Betty said in her head.

"OK sir. Thank you very much"
As Betty was about to turn to the door, Easton spoke up,
"Betty?"