Chapter 44

Theo. 11:18 p.m.

After laying on the floor and talking for an hour, we both passed out on the floor. I woke up around 11 p.m and went downstairs. I stumbled my way to the kitchen where I sat at the counter on a barstool. "Can I get you something Sir Theodore?" asked one of the chefs. She was one of the usual cooks, but in that drunken moment, I couldn't remember her name. She was the only chef who had an American accent. I looked around the room to see if anyone else was there, but nobody was. I motioned for her to come closer when I whispered. "Okay so I'm just a little bit tipsy right now," I said slightly slurred before laughing. "I can see that now. I got something good for you," she responded. A few minutes later she handed me a plate. It was the most delicious-looking quesadilla I had ever seen in my life, paired with lemonade. I thanked her before taking a bite. She leaned on the counter. "Not that it is any of my business, but I believe I saw you leave this morning with a girl, short girl, auburn hair?" Chef Dana asked, I'd finally been able to remember her name. "Oh yeah. That's Evelyn. We've been dating for almost 2 months I think," I told her in between bites. Chef Dana smiled and returned back over to the other side of the kitchen. By then I'd finished eating, and she'd taken my plate. On the counter, I saw a plate of cinnamon muffins. "I need to get back upstairs in case she wakes up. Can I take one of these?" I asked the chef. "Of course. Have a nice night!" she responded. I made my way back upstairs. I set the muffin down on the table in our room and walked over to the bathroom. I stuck my toothbrush in my mouth and brushed as I wandered around to the balcony. I stepped outside and felt the breeze. It was dark, and we were high up, so I didn't even care about the paparazzi then. I stood out there for a few minutes, just enjoying the weather. I went back in and as I closed the door behind me I heard a familiar laugh. Evelyn was awake and I looked over at her, putting her toothbrush in her mouth. She was throwing away the muffin wrapper as she had eaten it, but she was laughing psychotically. I laughed too for a minute and then went back to the bathroom and rinsed my toothbrush at the same time she did. She never spoke but only laughed. We were both a bit intoxicated still, so everything was funny. I turned off the light and laid in bed. Evelyn curled up next to me. I kissed her on the forehead and we both fell asleep.