Chapter 4

Theo. 11:41 p.m.

"I need to go home," Evelyn said, starting to stand. She stood up, bag in hand, getting ready to leave before she stopped. She froze for a minute before she said, "I don't usually do things like this, but would you like to come with me? I don't want anything from you, you know, like that. I just thought you might want to be out of the rain for the night, I have a spare room." I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to get to know the pretty girl, so I didn't tell her that I had plans to stay with a friend. "Why... I reckon I would. Thank you." I responded. Evelyn smiled and said her goodbyes to the janitor. We went through the back door to a small staff parking lot. I followed her to an old-looking silver Honda Civic. She opened the driver's seat door with a key, sat inside, and clicked a button to let me in. I went to buckle my seatbelt at the same time as she did, and we bumped heads. "Sorry," we said at the same time. She started the car, and we left the library. After a short drive, we pulled into a small apartment complex and drove to her parking spot. We walked up a staircase to her petite, but a cute two-bedroom apartment. Inside her cat was waiting patiently behind the door for food. "This is it," she said, "Home sweet home."