Chapter 20

Theo. 10:58 a.m.

I woke up and looked at the clock. It was late. I couldn't remember what happened last night, but then it hit me. I was the happiest person in the world this morning. I stood up, grabbed my bag, and walked to the bathroom. I started to brush my teeth before I felt a set of arms around my waist. I smiled and turned around to a sleepy Evelyn looking right into my eyes. "Good morning," she said, yawning. I rinsed my toothbrush and turned back around. "Morning. What do you want to do today?" I asked. "I could care less. I just need coffee," she replied. I kissed her on the forehead and went into the kitchen. I sat down on the couch and heard Evelyn making coffee. A few minutes later she sat down next to me, mug in hand. Although we did nothing but talk in the next few hours, it was nice to be in her presence. "Do you want to go for a drive?" I asked Evelyn. "I have the perfect place. We could grab some lunch on the way," she responded. We agreed on our plan. Evelyn took me to a local diner to pick up lunch, and then she drove us to the flower fields. After a short drive, we arrived, and Evelyn told me to grab the blanket out of the trunk that we used to sit on. We picked a spot to sit in and I laid down the blanket. We talked and enjoyed our food while we gazed at the beautiful fields. "These flowers are so pretty," I said. "But not as pretty as you."