Chapter 33

June 23rd. date of arrival.

Evelyn. 6:20 p.m. (UK time)

The entire trip itself was overwhelming. There were cameras and people I didn't know. I admit I was... terrified. But Theo's presence was comforting. He held my hand as we walked into the boutique. "Theodore!" a girl exclaimed as she hugged Theo. She hugged my Theo. Theo had let go of my hand, and I had no idea what to do. So I was silent. I put my hands on my arms and watched. "Evelyn, this is Rose, my soon-to-be sister-in-law," he said as he grabbed my hand again. Rose looked at me before saying, "Mm, no I do hugs!" and hugging me. I was pleasantly surprised. The girl looked me up and down and then brought me to a dressing room and left. I sat on a stool and picked at my hands while I waited for her to return. Rose came back with a few dresses. She made me try them on and pick one to wear. I didn't speak much during this encounter, only when spoken to. I decided on a sleek mauve dress that had a crossed back and wasn't overly formal. Rose also had stilettos to choose from, and I picked some nude-colored ones. I walked out of the dressing room and Theo, who was also dressed nicely in a suit, was sitting on a couch. He watched me in awe as I walked over to a chair and Rose thought about what to do for my hair. She straightened it but slicked back the sides by my ears. I looked like a total boss, and I loved it.l We both left the shop looking flawless as we walked back to the car. We buckled our seatbelts and the driver left. We were headed to Theo's residence, and I was terrified. I was shaking, and it was apparent. Theo placed his hand on top of mine and looked me in the eyes. "Ev, don't be scared. Just be you. Maybe turn down the flirtatious a little bit," he said and we both laughed. "I know this is probably a lot for you to take in and I'm sorry. But if I want to be with you forever and ever then they need to meet you sometime," he added. I smiled and kissed him. "Ok, so I need to tell you something. I know it's like super soon and we kinda only met six weeks ago, but I'm kinda falling in love with you," I said quickly, my voice trailing off in a whisper. "And it's totally ok if you don't feel the same way I just needed to tell-" "The joke is all on you, Evelyn. I've loved you since the night we met," he interrupted. I was- surprised. . Wow. He loved me back. I was no longer nervous at that point. Because I had him.