Chapter 11

Evelyn. 2:35 a.m.

I turned the key in the lock of my small apartment door. I pushed it open and walked inside, completely forgetting about Theo behind me. "Shit! Sorry. Forgot about you there." He opened the door again and smirked as he walked over to the guest room. I hooked my lanyard and keys onto a hook by my door and shuffled over to my room. My cat was sleeping on my bed. She looked so peaceful. Forgetting to shut my door, I took off my wet shirt. At the same coincidental time, Theo walked up to my door and put a hand upon the top of the frame. "Evelyn, do you have a spare-" he started, stopping while he looked me up and down. I immediately grabbed a shirt from my drawer and put it on as quickly as I could. "Relax, love, it isn't anything I've never seen on you before. You did strip down to your knickers on the dock if I recall correctly," he said with the biggest half-smile on his face. I huffed and threw my wet shirt at him. "I've known you for what, 4, 5 hours? And you're already getting on my nerves, you ass," I said. Theo just chuckled and looked at me. We stared at each other for a few long seconds before I finally said, 'What was it you needed?" "Oh I was just wondering if you had a spare blanket," he responded. "I think so, let me check," I said as I walked out of my room and to a closet in my living room. I opened the door and saw a blanket on the top shelf, so I reached for it. I was about to grab it when a hand behind me grabbed it first. I turned to the side and rolled my eyes at Theo as he smirked at me. "I'm capable of getting the blanket, thank you very much," I declared. He just kept smiling as he stood there and looked at me. He scanned my face up and down. "Stop doing that," I snapped. "Doing what?" he questioned, faking a surprised look. I rolled my eyes and replied, "Looking at me like that. Nobody ever looks at me like that." "Well, I can't help it. You're quite pretty," he said. I could feel my face getting flushed, and I tried to hold back a smile. I've never been called anything remotely close to pretty before. At that moment, I felt unstoppable. I leaned towards Theo, and without thinking about it, placed a quick peck on his cheek. "Goodnight, Theodore," I said before I turned around and marched to my bed. I closed the door quickly and put my back up against the wall. "He likes me," I whispered to myself. I turned off the lights and laid in bed thinking a while before falling asleep.