Chapter 111 - ????

"Where's my Grey Goose, Clive?!" Uncle Dante yelled in the kitchen. He always yelled at you after losing something while drunk.

"Wouldn't you like to know, Dante...?" I asked with a growl.

"Hey, kid, show some respect, or I'll make you show it," he angrily replied, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You're a pathetic drunk; that's all you are!" I roared without a shred of apprehension.

He tried to land a blow to my head, but I sidestepped just in time. His wonky balance led to him falling on the floor. I took that as an opportunity to escape to Grace's room. I did not look back for a second; I couldn't afford to.

I arrived at her room and frantically pounded on the door.

"Go away, Dad!" she yelled angrily.

"It's me," I softly said.

She opened her door, and I ran inside, locking the door behind me. Dante hated locked doors in the house, but it was the only protection against the tyrant.

"I hate him," she said with tears in her eyes.

"Me too," I said, tightly hugging her.

"I wish I were dead," she said out of nowhere.

"Shh, don't say that, Grace," I whispered.

"It beats living with him every day."

"You won't live with him one day; it'll get better. I swear on it."

"How can you be so sure?" she asked in disbelief.

"I just have a feeling. I'll miss you so much when I leave. You're my only friend," I replied emotionally.

"Someday, you'll find a great friend, I promise."

"How can you be sure?"

"I just have a feeling," she replied with a goofy smile.

Then it hit me again; the rushing sound was louder than an atomic explosion. Grace's expression turned into one of horror as she saw pieces of my body slowly disintegrating.

"Please don't go," she begged.

"I'm sorry, Grace..." I choked out.

That was when I found myself at the moon bounce at the exact moment I gave that kid amnesia. This nightmare only ever got worse.

Well, this will be fun...