Chapter 62 - May 21st, 2020 11:30 A.M.

The first weird thing that I noticed happened when I watched Parks and Recreation with everyone in the TV room. What should have been a normal viewing turned into complete horror. The most painful part was being unable to tell everyone why it really happened. I nearly bolted out of the room after the incident, and the only thing that stopped me was knowing that nobody could pinpoint the blame on me. I swear I felt like the scum of the earth right there.

As I watched the show, the characters suddenly gushed blood out of their mouths. The background changed to dystopian Arcadia, showing all its horrors, including false arrests and tortures. Unlike most occasions, this time, we all saw it. I knew this because we all looked at each other in horror right after it happened. Their faces screamed of confusion and terror.

"What the hell is going on?!" Madelynn nearly screamed in shock. Her face was pale as a sheet of paper, and she looked like she was about to die from terror.

Time paradoxes, my dear.

"Someone must have hacked the TV to screw with us," Morgan said in a terrified tone. He was gripping his seat as tightly as he possibly could.

"I don't know what caused it, but if we tell the staff, they'll never believe us," I replied, shaking my head.

"Yeah, no, if I tell them, they'll just keep us here longer," Madelynn replied with a frown.

I wish I could tell everyone why this happened, but nobody would believe me. Why did I let things get to this point? I'm supposed to learn from my mistakes, but instead, I keep repeating them in a never-ending cycle. When will this nightmare end? My birth was a mistake...

As if that wasn't bad enough, right after that happened, the television had glitched up before shutting down altogether, leaving behind only the smell of burned wires. We tried to turn it on but found it was about as helpful as robbing a skeleton. I had indirectly destroyed the television because of my actions. If that isn't the craziest butterfly effect in history, then I don't know what is... Our one source of entertainment was now gone because of me; what were we supposed to do now?

"Well, can't say I expected that," I half-joked.

"Great, what are we supposed to do now?" Morgan whined.

"I guess we'll just have to interact like normal people," Madelynn said, sighing.

"We could talk in the halls," Kimberly said out of nowhere. Hearing her talk was beyond shocking; her voice sounded completely different than I imagined it would have; it was full of emotion, not quiet like I imagined it would have been.

"Alrighty, let's go back in time to 1931," Morgan joked.

Poor choice of words, my friend, poor choice of words...