Chapter 114 - May 20th, 2020 - 8:30 A.M.

"So uh... how did everyone sleep?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. I only got about two hours of rest because I kept hallucinating giant flies trying to eat me. It was a great experience. 10/10 would recommend.

"Eh, I'd sleep better with a nice dose of Tylenol PM," Angella replied, shrugging her shoulders.

"They don't allow you to have any?" I asked curiously.

"Nope, they were all like 'it's bad for your liver, so we can't give it to you.' I already screwed my liver up either way," she said with a tiny smile.

"What a dumb reason," I said, shaking my head.

"Yeah, well, I once read that arguing with a smart person is difficult, but arguing with an idiot is impossible," she said, chuckling.

"I guess you'll never win an argument against me then," I said with a grin.

"A self-roast, now those are rare!" Devon exclaimed with a guffaw.

"Not in my family, they ain't," I said with a chuckle. The thing I loved most about my family was everyone's self-deprecating humor. Well... except for Uncle Dante, who refused to take responsibility for anything and blamed all of his mistakes on you. Rule number one, we don't talk about Uncle Dante.

"My family is lowkey insane," Stella said, shaking her head.

"Family is just friends you can't get rid of," Thomas commented.

You couldn't be more right...