Chapter 109 - May 19th, 2020 - ????

"Check out what I'm listening to," he exclaimed excitedly as he pressed play on an enormous jukebox. I'm not entirely sure how the dream began, but that was the first thing I saw.

Why are you so happy all of a sudden?

"Maynard, are you okay?" I asked, uneasy. I don't know why I felt concerned for him; it's not like he was a righteous person or anything. I'm too sympathetic sometimes.

"Sure, I am! Why wouldn't I be?" he asked with a grin as the song started playing. Something about the music felt strangely familiar; I knew I had heard something just like it before.

"Just after what happened and all... Say, what song is this?" I asked curiously.

"Rainbow Warrior by Bleak House, their riff was stolen by Metallica who became world-famous while the former remained a whisper," he replied, shaking his head.

"I bet I know an even more obscure band."

"I highly doubt that. I can name just about every song released in the past two centuries," he said with a smug smile.

"Okay, then do you know A Wasted Life (At 17) by Inner City?" I asked, hoping that he wouldn't know it. It honestly drove me mad how intelligent he was; I was a child compared to him. That's the thing with psychopaths; they'll charm the hell out of you to get your trust and then screw you over. Their ultimate life goal is to ruin as many lives as possible. Maynard would have gotten along just fine with that Marquis de Sade lunatic they taught us about in World History class. How crazy was he? Well, they named the word sadism after him sooooo...

"Inner City? I can't say I know that one," he replied with a disappointed expression. That's the thing with me; I know some highly obscure songs such as Contaminate of Reason by The Brink of Sanity and Bottle Dreams by Eyedea. That latter song makes me ball my eyes out every time. It once saved me from committing suicide when I was fourteen. I took my parents' box cutter and was about to slit my wrists when I suddenly remembered it. I listened to the song, and by the time I was done, I didn't have it in me to end it all. Following this, I went on a binge of his music; that's when I discovered Even Shadows Have Shadows. No song has described my state of mind quite like that one has. Unfortunately, Eyedea died in 2010, so meeting him is out of the question. We miss you, Mikey. R.Eye.P.

"Ha, I knew I could get you!" I said smugly before blowing a raspberry. It was quite a childish thing to do; I'll admit that much.

"This was only one test; there are two more," he said, completely serious.

"How bad could they be?" I asked, chuckling.

"You'll see..." he said in a grim tone as the surrounding room began transforming into a completely different one. The most noticeable difference between the two rooms was the walls' condition. While they were perfectly spotless in the former, here they were peeling away and chipping. There were countless cobwebs everywhere; you couldn't walk three feet without running into one.

"Why are we here?" I asked curiously.

"This test is here to measure what kind of person you are. I will give you three options, of which you choose the one that most applies to you. In the end, I will give you a personality type. Oh, and if you lie in the slightest, the test is over. Do you agree to be completely honest the entire way through?"

"I do," I replied anxiously. I worried about what kind of questions he would ask me; it was clear they would be personal.

"Let's begin," he said, snapping his fingers. As soon as he snapped them, a mahogany desk with a futuristic laptop on it appeared. I knew the test would take place on the computer, so I sat down and opened it up. As soon as I did, I was greeted with the first question.