Chapter 40 - May 19th, 2020 - 4:58 P.M

"I almost forgot, you are going to have a roommate!" a nurse by the name of Wendy something told me as I was leaving the TV room.

"Oh, who would that be?" I asked stupidly. I already knew that it would be Morgan since he was the only male in the hospital besides me.

"Morgan, he hasn't had a roommate in a while, so we decided to place him with you. Are you okay with this?"

"Sure thing," I replied anxiously. For some reason, I felt at that moment a sense of unease for reasons that I couldn't explain. Perhaps somebody was quietly playing infrasound on the hospital speakers; I never found out what caused that feeling.

"Alrighty, let me get him," she said as she went down the hallway to the room next to mine.

I decided at that moment to venture down the hallway to my room as well due to a strange sense of paranoia and unease that was quickly building up. I felt at that moment as if something was seriously wrong and was tempted to look over my shoulder every couple of seconds to make sure that I wasn't being followed. I swear I don't know what was wrong with me at that moment; I just kept feeling like everyone was plotting against me for some reason, and every little sound would make me jolt. My vision also got really blurry for about five seconds while I was walking, and the result left me even more dazed. Additionally, I'd keep seeing these black dots and squiggly lines in my vision. The squiggly lines covered every surface and would move around in a jerking motion as if having a seizure. The lines I saw were transparent and were the color of jellyfish, which is to say they were transparent. A couple of them even transformed into different objects and people. I saw this one line that changed into an outlaw cowboy riding a carriage and a second that turned into a school bus. The bus was insanely detailed, too; you could see every dirt speck and scratch on it. I could even see people inside the bus; I'm pretty sure I saw Analee there, and she waved at me.

Growing conspiracy. Everyone's after me—frayed ends of sanity. Hear them calling. Hear them calling me.

The worst one, though, by far, was when I saw the devil himself. He pointed a finger at me and laughed; I couldn't hear him laugh, but I knew he was doing it anyway. He looked a whole lot like the Devil from Cuphead, a game that I both love and hate. I'm a masochist when it comes to it; I fail constantly, and yet I can't stop playing it. If I ever met the game developers, I'd punch them in the face and then thank them for making such a fantastic game.

I practically ran into my room because I started having the delusion that someone was about to kill me. I kept hearing these whispers in my ears that said, "Come out, come out wherever you are!" I swear I felt like I had a schizophrenic episode; you have no idea how terrified I was. My heart felt like it would stop from how rapidly it was beating.

Once I got to my room, I discovered that Morgan was sitting on his bed as quietly as ever. I swear you'd never meet someone quite as silent as him. He barely even moved or blinked.

"Well, you two introduce yourselves to one another. I have to go, so behave you two!" Wendy said, chuckling before leaving.

After about five seconds of awkward silence, I finally said hello to him.

"Hi," he quietly replied before going straight to sleep.

What's up with him?

* * *

It was about an hour before he woke up and looked over to me where I was lying down singing Becoming Insane by Infected Mushroom in my head. That song is so catchy it's almost illegal. I felt like that song described how I felt at that moment like I was slowly going insane. A lyric that specifically stood out to me is "Remind me the story that I won't get insane." I felt like I had to constantly remind myself what time travel would do to me to stop me from going insane. I swear I almost wanted to cry at that moment; my thoughts would just keep echoing in my head louder and louder each time. I almost considered breaking the massive window in our room and jumping out of it. The only problem is that I'd probably survive and be in an even worse spot than before. Still, maybe I could be like that James Castle kid... The thought of people walking near the entrance and seeing my corpse also put me off doing it. Even in death, I'm afraid of being judged...

Oh, and the hallucinations did not stop, in case you were wondering. In fact, they got worse. I remember looking up at the ceiling and seeing Budd Dwyer shooting himself in a seamless loop. I don't recommend looking up the video of him committing suicide on live television, but don't blame me for anything if you do.

Besides the lovely image of Dwyer blowing his brains out, I hallucinated my own face. My expression was normal for about half a second before contorting into a demonic entity. The creature spat green poison at me, but it vanished before reaching my skin.

The last hallucination I remember hearing was an auditory one instead of a visual one. I hallucinated a bunch of doctors telling me I had a seizure or some crap. Then, they started screaming that I was going into cardiac arrest, and I started having the delusion that I was actually going to die.

I need to distract myself from this hell...

"Sleep well?" I asked anxiously.

"I slept alright," he said, yawning heavily and making me yawn as a result.

"What made you come here?" I asked curiously.

"Aha... I'd rather not talk about that... yet," he said, crossing his arms and grabbing some book from the bookshelf.

"Whatcha reading?" I asked, trying to see the cover.

"The Alchemist, it's a brilliant book," he said with a small smile.

My grandmother on my dad's side loves that book. Man... I really should have brought one with me.

Knowing that I couldn't get much more out of him, I took another nap out of pure boredom. It certainly beat staring at the beige walls.

Let's hope I don't get murdered tonight...