Chapter 17: Coney Island

Words: 3.2k

"So, do you want our date to happen today or...tomorrow?" I ask Elizabeth, who has been lying with her head on my chest for at least 20 minutes.

"I'm a little tired, so I just wanted to rest now. Can we go tomorrow?" The question indicating that she wants to stay one more night in my place makes me excited, and although I want the date to be today, I accept her idea.

"Of course, Liz." I caress her back with my fingertips, feeling her skin having smal chills. "Good evening. pretty face. Have a nice sleep." Elizabeth got up slightly and gave me a loving kiss against my lips.

"Goodnight, my beautiful star."

[...]

Today, she left in the morning, saying she needed to dress up like the good princess she is. I couldn't disagree, obviously because she is that princess.

She sent some messages during lunch saying that she already knew where she would take me and that I should bring a cosy and a fancy outfit because it would be a date with two destinations. She also asked me to pack a backpack in case I wanted to stay at her house on the way back.

Going on a date with Lizzie is still something I'm trying to assimilate. A couple of days ago I was terribly disappointed with her, and now there's this. And when I think too much about it I feel like I accepted her apologies way too fast, but at the same time I don't regret it, because if I did it would mean I regret the kisses and the good moments we had as well.

I haven't been letting me wonder about how this relationship is going to be in the next months when we get back in set but it'd be a lie if I said I am not worried.

But, back to today: I think Elizabeth probably wants to exceed the assessor that says if a date is good or bad. I wanted to let her know that even if it were just me and he on the beach at three in the morning with a bottle of booze and messy hairs would be more than enough, but I decide that if she wants to plan it then I should've just let her do her thing.

American smile
hey :)
just wanted to say how excited i am for later
i kinda miss u already

Me
i am looking forward to see you again, beautiful
my house feels empty without your presence

American smile
guess i'll have to buy one apartment next to yours so we can be happy

Me
i'm already happy
but that would make me a mess of smiles

American smile
so cute
i have to finish up some things
see you later?

Me
of course, my dear

[...]

"Y/N? Do you want to stop going nuts? It's driving me crazy along with you." Samantha asked for the tenth time. I decided to tell her about Elizabeth and me a couple of days ago. At first she wasn't sure if it was a good idea, but she told me that she respects all of my life decisions. Now, I have someone to help me with the date. And I know the problems this could cause between me and Scarlett, me and Elizabeth, but I needed Sam's help.

I walk around inside my closet, trying to find something perfect to wear later. "It's just a date. You've been on dates before." She said, making me stop travelling the room and stare at the cell phone screen.

"It's not just a simple date, Sam, it's a date with Lizzie. I need it to be perfect." I said it, going back to my search.

"Why do you, though?"