Chapter 14: Months and Songs

Words: 2.6k
Brianna: Your cousin
Valerie: Your sister
Chapter's song: Fuck up the friendship – Leah Kate

Y/N's point of view – August 2020 (2 months later)

"Oh, fuck!" Brianna curses loudly from the kitchen and mine and Samantha looks crosses each other before running towards the sound. We enter the kitchen with very concerned faces but the teenager is just looking amazed to her phone.

"Jesus, Brianna! You can't do that, you little piece of shit!" Samantha responds to her scream. "For that scream this has to be a really juicy news about the fucking president."

Brianna looks over to us and removes her headphones. "Sorry. It's just that they announced the release date to a lot of Marvel shows and movies, but you two already know all of them, right?"

My eyes land exactly on the phone in my hand to check if there's some movement coming from Elizabeth, but there's still nothing in that chat. Just the same painful-to-read texts that I regret so badly sending, even if it was weeks ago. After the kiss, Scarlett picked me up in less than fifteen minutes and I told her everything that happened, excluding the name of the individual involved, of course. At first, she got really pissed with the girl for leaving me standing there, but right after the freak-out she tried to understand her side and to be honest, she was the reason I chose to text Elizabeth, because I wasn't going to. Scarlett found it really weird that I went out with Elizabeth and my mysterious girl, because that – for her – meant Elizabeth knew who the chick was. Even like this, she didn't get upset or anything, she just sat there being really supportive and explaining to me that maybe the 'girl' has her reasons to let herself just be dragged away.

My anger about that specific situation disappeared real quickly, but I cannot let it pass the fact that she's been ignoring me on purpose for the past two months. The last text I sent was a couple of weeks ago, before I get tired of trying. But, now, it is August and I have nothing to do. Nadia gave me the first weeks of the month off and the set is on a break. I have been working on home office for almost all of these past two months and I could just stay here in London for my free time, but I have been here so long and I miss my apartment. I miss the street of LA, and the heat, too. So, I've decided to come back tomorrow. Even though this is my favorite place, there is where I belong now.

"Hey, sis. Hey, girls." Valerie walks in and gives me a tight rugh. "What are we talking about and why does all of your expressions looks so different from one another?"

That's my father's 'new' daughter. When I arrived London, the things were really confused in my mind. About everything. I couldn't stop thinking about Scarlett telling me she has feelings for me still. I couldn't stop thinking about Elizabeth kissing me then leaving me standing. Emmanuel kept calling me to go out with his new family. But she...she just came in and made it all look so easy. She is soft and really nice. I feel comfortable with talking to her about my whole life and she does the same with me. It's not the relationship I was hoping to be my safe place this past times but it was the one who did. And it was lovely.

Valerie is about my age and lives currently here in London with her boyfriend, who treats her like a real queen. I've got to know him last week and I have to admit that seeing both of them being so happy together made me a little jealous. I'm not used to crave romance so bad like this, but I can't help it. I want to be loved. I want to feel loved. But, back to the focus, Valerie's life is a lot different than mine. She doesn't work, so she is just investing on a second graduation. Her first one was veterinary medicine and she's currently on med school (for people, of course). She doesn't have any siblings but me and hates making public appearances so she doesn't even use social medias. She is amazing. A little bit shorter than me and has this blonde hair that reaches the end of her back. I had this blockage about letting myself like her in the begging, but now I adore her. She's amazing.