Chapter 20: Awkward

Words: 2.6k

"You have such beautiful eyes." I mouth softly, reaching out for her face with a gentle touch. "Did you know that, Liz?"

She blinks, and as always it goes slow motion for me. Like those cheesy movie scenes where one of them realizes they're already completely changed. The difference is that on movies it only happens once with each, and with me it happens every fucking day since we kissed.

Yet, I probably pushed Lizzie away a little bit yesterday. It feels like we overstepped ourselves lately, acting like we're married and living together. We aren't doing any of these options.

And it's not that I don't want to have this with her, because I do. I just think right now it's not the time.

"Well, you only told me that five times this week, so I was almost forgetting." She jokes, remaining the tired look on her face. "But thank you again, Y/N. I really like your eyes, too."

I smile. "Good morning, sweet angel."

"Morning, Y/N." Lizzie doesn't return my smile. In fact she has a melancholy in her expression, and I know that it is my fault.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to overstep on this." I apologize after seeing the scared look in her face, but she remained silent, holding my new buddy on her lap. "Liz? Would you care to talk to me, please?

She looks up, but it's not there anymore. The fear.

Now, she's intrigued, a hint of curiosity dancing on her face. "I do think we should talk, Y/N."

I nod and sit beside her on the bed. "Can I?" I point to the little boy.

"Can't he stay here? His cuteness is making me less nervous." She request, petting him carefully.

Lizzie seems to be freaked out about this little moment between us and to be honest I am, too. We never had the talk and now just fell right onto our laps without a warning. And of course we have to decide things, every relationship requires labels, but we were just so happy lately that I completely forgot we had things to solve. And we have, indeed, a lot of things. We have to decide if we're going to keep doing this and what is this. Once that's clear, we'll have to come to an agreement about telling Nadia, Scarlett, Robbie, our other friends, my sister, her sisters...God...

I'm not ready for this.

"Of course. Be comfortable." I say, finally. Lost in my mind, I don't feel secure right now.

We hear two soft knocks on the door and look up simultaneously. "Girls, it was Flo on the phone. She's going to London with me later so I'm taking off to meet her." Scar warns us. "Do you need a ride, Lizzie?"

I feel Elizabeth's body tense up near me. She's probably wondering if she should accept just for show or leave it clear that she's staying over tonight. And I know that she should be the one to answer but she seems to be frozen, so I have to step up.

"Actually, Lizzie's staying." I let her know, calmly.

"Y-yeah, but thank you. Tell Flo I said hi."  Elizabeth barely speaks up for herself.