Curtain Call

Everyone was now waiting at the hospital. Luigi, Daisy, Blumiere, Timpani, Mimi, Nastasia, O'Chunks, all of them except Mario were there. Mr.L was carted into a hospital room, in critical condition. None of them were allowed in as they waited for the call.

Luigi bit at his nails and tapped his foot anxiously as he sat, others merely just waited in silence. After several minutes of waiting, Dimentio came walking inside, holding Dave and Luna by the hands.

Everyone sat in shock as soon as they saw him, his mask no longer on his face. Mimi almost passed out but O'Chunks caught her. Dimentio silently told Dave and Luna to find a seat as he went to the front desk to ask about Mr.L. Dave and Luna walked over and sat across from Daisy and Luigi.

"Oh my Grambi! A-are you two alright?!" Luigi asked.

"You two are okay, right?!" Daisy questioned.

Luna and Dave nodded to Daisy and Luigi, their expressions still a little sad.

"Will father be alright?" Dave asked.

Daisy and Luigi paused, not sure how to reply.

"Well... Uh... He took a bullet to the side, I don't really..." Daisy trailed off.

"Not that father... Our other father. Will he be alright..?" Luna re-asked.

Mimi leaned over to look at them.

"I'm sorry, did you say OTHER father?" Mimi questioned.

As if on cue, Dimentio came walking back over to them. They all remained silent as Dimentio walked over to Dave and Luna.

"I just spoke with the doctors... He passed the moment they placed him in the ambulance." Dimentio murmured, "I'm sorry."

Dave and Luna sniffled and then wrapped their arms around Dimentio, more tears streaming down their faces. Dimentio hugged them back, holding back his own tears for their sake.

"Oh my Grambi... Dimentio, I am so sorry..." Blumiere said in a hushed voice.

Dimentio sighed.

"Don't be. It wasn't your fault." Dimentio replied.

Everyone remained silent as Dave and Luna vigorously tried to wipe their tears away.

"So... Who's going to take the children?" Daisy asked, "Mr.L died, we don't even know who-"

"I am," Dimentio stated, "I will be taking my children."

Everyone stared at him gawking.

"Your children?! Y-you and Mr.L had kids?!" Mimi questioned.

Dimentio nodded.

"Yes." Dimentio simply replied.

Blumiere remained frozen for a moment before chuckling a little under his breath.

"I should have guessed it, they look and act just like you." Blumiere chuckled.

"All of my good parts, anyway," Dimentio replied, bringing up a hand to his unmasked face.

Dave took his hand and lowered it, hugging his arm.

"You're beautiful the way you are..." Dave whispered.

Dimentio bit his lip as he fought back tears.

"Heh, you sound so much like your father," Dimentio said, choking on a sob.

Blumiere walked up to Dimentio, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Do you need a place to stay?" Blumiere asked.