You're Going Home

The sun began to rise over the place called Rogueport, and that only meant one thing. It was now Friday, the day of the performance. Mario had been dragged back to his room by Blumiere and Timpani when they had found him out cold in the bar. Luigi had woken up early and couldn't help but be anxious.

The man in green sat on a couch, tapping his foot on the floor. Daisy peered through the doorway and walked over, sitting next to him.

"Hey... Are you nervous about the performance tonight..? I am a little, too..." Daisy admitted.

Luigi sighed and shook his head.

"No... It's not that I'm nervous about... Well, I am nervous about that. But, I'm just nervous about AFTER..." Luigi told her.

Daisy scooted a little closer to him.

"What about? Dimentio is going to give Mr.L his own body! It'll be just us and the kids!" Daisy exclaimed.

Luigi groaned in response and sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

"About that... I-I found them both a home." Luigi stated.

Daisy gasped.

"You did?" Daisy asked.

"Y-yeah..." Luigi replied.

"Well, who? You've been awfully picky about them getting adopted!" Daisy stated.

"I-I... Their parents... Their REAL parents... A-are willing to take them." Luigi told her.

Daisy looked at him in shock.

"You found their real parents?!" Daisy exclaimed.

Luigi nodded.

"Y-yeah..." Luigi replied.

"Really?! Well, w-who are they?! Why didn't they take Dave and Luna in the first place?! I NEED ANSWERS, WEEGIE!" Daisy shouted.

"U-uh... Well, you know them both... U-um, th-they weren't able to take care of them because of... relationship issues..?" Luigi replied.

Daisy sighed and shrugged.

"I guess that makes a bit of sense... But, you said I know them, who are they then?!" Daisy asked.

Luigi smirked a little.

"It's going to be a surprise. We're going to meet up with them tonight after the show." Luigi stated.

Daisy harumphed.

"Fine, keep your secrets!" Daisy replied with a chuckle.

Daisy paused and looked at Luigi.

"Did you tell Dave and Luna?" Daisy asked.

Luigi laughed a little under his breath and stood up.

"I was just going to..." Luigi replied.

Daisy chuckled and stood up, hugging him.

"I'll miss them... But they'll be happy." Daisy murmured.

Luigi smiled and kissed her before walking off towards Dave and Luna's room. He went over to their door and knocked before entering in. Luna and Dave both looked up from a book they were sharing to see Luigi and smiled.

"Father!" They both exclaimed.

Sighed and shook his head with a smile.

"For now," Luigi replied.

Luigi walked inside and sat down next to them.

"I... Found your real parents." Luigi told them.