Here To Stay (Temporarily)

Moments later, the carriage had taken all of them to a nearby hotel. They had disembarked and the carriage was whisked away. Each of them had gone inside to pay for night stays to stick around with Luigi, only to find that night stays had already been paid for all of them! And each registered under their names, as well!

All of them seemed pleasantly surprised, to say the least. Mario wasn't buying any of it. He remained suspicious of it all while Luigi tried to play oblivious. Daisy, Luigi, Dave, and Luna were all settling into the hotel room they were given. Luna and Dave giggled as they bounced on the couch in the living area of the large hotel room. Mario hummed to himself as he looked the place over.

"You were able to get a temporary job here? You're getting PAID by someone?" Mario questioned.

Luigi nodded.

"Yup! Daisy said she had a friend in Rogueport who would pay me to help with some things. Such as research, exploring, etcetera." Luigi stated.

"Yeah, he went by the name Merlon, I think," Daisy said.

"Merlon? You know him?" Mario questioned.

"Yeah, he said he'll give Luigi a temporary job while we stay here. We can't expect some mystery person to keep paying for us." Daisy stated, "Anyway, I'm going to go get some ice, I'll be right back. Merlon is going to send a note here for the meetup time and place so watch for that, please!"

Daisy hurried out and Mario shook his head in dismay.

~Start Music~

Mario harumphed as he stomped around the room.

Mario: What a dreadful town!

               What a vulgar place!

               What an awful mistake to have come here!

               To be on display in that shameless way!

                For the crude common lower-class scum here!

                How do they dare to treat us so?!

Dave and Luna ran out to Luigi.

Dave: Father dear!

             Come play with us!

Luna: Come and see this toy we bought!

Luigi smiled and went to walk over to them only for Mario to interrupt.

Mario: What a snob at most!

               From our so-called host!

               Did he think sending freaks would be funny?!

               Could the fool have thought?!

               That our pride was bought-

               By his filthy Rogueport money!

               What a farce! What an outright slap in the face!

                An utter disgrace!

He scoffed and shook his head.

MarioI've got a mind to pack and go.

              Never you mind the debts we owe!

              Who would have thought we'd sunk this low!