When I Heard You Sing...

Mr.L sighed and walked back towards the hotel. Daisy had taken Luna and Dave there about half an hour earlier. Hopefully, by now, Daisy has told everyone that they found the kids. Mr.L pinched the bridge of his nose as he walked in through the entrance of the hotel.

"Dang it Luigi, I don't want to deal with things right now, just swap over already..." Mr.L muttered as he stepped into the elevator.

Okay... But what should I tell people if they ask..? Luigi replied in his mind.

"I don't care! Just... Say that Luna and Dave ran off to find a bathroom or something!" Mr.L spat.

You've been keeping this secret for ten whole years, Mr.L! Daisy doesn't even know! Dave and Luna don't even know! Luigi exclaimed.

Mr.L sighed and shook his head.

"Just please switch back over... I'm going to talk with Dimentio tomorrow, just let me rest..." Mr.L said, choking on sobs.

After a few seconds, Luigi swapped back with Mr.L just as the elevator doors opened. He stepped out and walked down the hall until he reached the hotel room and went in, trying to step inside with the least amount of noise possible. Daisy looked up from the table she was sitting at and stood up, going over to him.

"So? What happened between you and Dimentio? Or Mr.L and Dimentio..?" Daisy asked.

Luigi shrugged and rubbed his arm sheepishly.

"Nothing much... I-I just don't want to talk about it," Luigi replied.

"If you need me to go confront him, I can," Daisy stated.

"Please don't... You almost died the last time that happened..." Luigi groaned.

Daisy chuckled a little and wrapped her arms around Luigi.

"Alright, I won't..." Daisy told him.

Luigi sighed and hugged Daisy back.

"How are Dave and Luna..? Are they alright?" Luigi asked.

"Yeah... I was able to get them to eat some food but they're pretty shaken up..." Daisy told him, "What do you think Dimentio did to them..?"

Luigi sighed again and let go of Daisy.

"Not much... but too much at the same time..." Luigi replied, "I'm going to go talk with Dave and Luna... See if I can calm them down."

Luigi gave Daisy a quick kiss before walking off towards the room Dave and Luna were sharing. He walked over to the door and gently knocked on it.

"Anyone home?" Luigi asked.

"You can come in..." Dave replied.

Luigi slowly creaked open the door and looked in to see both of them huddled under their blankets on their bed. He couldn't help but chuckle a little as he walked over and sat on the bed.

"Are you two doing alright?" Luigi asked.

They both nodded, but their body language suggested otherwise.

"You got pretty scared, huh..? Yeah... I did as well the first time I saw his face." Luigi admitted, "I still get scared... There's no need to be sad about that."

Both Dave and Luna frowned.

"But we didn't follow your advice..." Luna murmured.

"Huh?" Luigi questioned.

"You told us to look with our heart and not with eyes..." Dave said.

"And we didn't..." Luna muttered.