Showtime

Everyone in Luigi's group bustled with excitement as they made their way to a large black and white tent. People from all over seemed eager to grab one of the leftover seats for the show. Mario paused and looked at one of the posters plastered on the tent for the show.

On the laminated sheet of paper was a picture of three wide smiles, each a different shape and color. The description on the poster said, 'See the amazing otherworldly jesters! Magical feats starring Marx, Jevil, and the very owner of this establishment, Mr.E Magician!'.

"Mr.E Magician? Is that a play on words for Mystery Magician..?" Mario questioned.

Mimi slapped her knee and burst out laughing.

"I JUST GOT THE JOKE! HAHAHAHA!!!!" Mimi laughed.

Nastasia and O'Chunks sighed as they nudged Mimi along.

"Yeah, come on, we don't want to miss the show, 'K?" Nastasia said.

Mimi continued to laugh as O'Chunks and Nastasia pushed her along inside. Blumiere and Timpani chuckled a little as they followed the three of them inside, Mario trudging in behind them all.

Dave and Luna giggled as they ran up to the large tent. Luigi and Daisy chuckled as they caught up to them.

"Come on or we'll miss the show!" Dave exclaimed.

Luigi chuckled as he caught up with Dave, taking his hand.

"Well, don't go running off without us," Luigi told him.

Luna walked over and took Daisy's hand, all four of them walking inside.

"The sign says that the show is run by jesters?" Luna questioned, "What's the difference between a jester and a clown?"

Luigi hummed as he thought it over, all of them finding a seat.

"Someone told me the difference before. I believe they said that clowns are just simple entertainers while jesters are from royal courts." Luigi told them.

"Wow! So the jesters all performed for royalty?!" Dave asked.

"I would think so!" Daisy laughed in response.

Just as they stopped talking, the lights began to dim. Everyone hushed each other as they anticipated the show starting. Music started up slowly as spotlights shown down from seemingly almost nowhere, scanning the dark tent for the actors.

"Greetings and salutations to you all, madames and monsieurs alike." A booming voice started.

"We are pleased to welcome you all to our world, world!" Another voice exclaimed.

"The world of magic, mischief, and CHAOS!" The third voice laughed.

A puff of smoke and someone appeared in the center of the stage. Everyone twittered with excitement as the jester in the middle of the stage bowed to them.

"First welcome to the stage, ME! Jevil! VEE HEE HEE!" The person exclaimed, standing up from their bowing.

The miasma cleared away from where he stood and he then summoned a large scythe, causing the crowd to 'ooh' and 'ahhh'. Jevil laughed and then began spinning the blade around his hands at incredible speeds. He jumped forward and landed on his head, causing his whole body to spring out like a Jack-in-the-box! He lept up again and then swiped his scythe at the air, leaving behind a small cut in the air.

"Next up to the stage, the jester who wished upon a star! Marx!" Jevil exclaimed.

Out of the rift came a blur of gold, blue, and red as something shot out and into the air. The figure twirled around and then threw open its wings, laughing as it did. Everyone applauded Marx's entrance as he arced in the air. He folded in his wings and then made a nose dive for the ground. Everyone exclaimed different worries as the small jester plummeted towards the ground only to disappear inside! Marx popped back out of the ground balancing atop a beach ball! The crowd went wild as Jevil juggled his scythes in a large arc, Marx hopping through them seemingly unscathed.