Getting To Know You

Mr.L started back towards the hotel, confidence in his stride as the sun came up. As he turned a corner, someone started walking up beside him.

"Luigi! What are you doing out this early?" Mario asked in a slur of words.

Mr.L couldn't help but groan under his breath as Mario followed him.

"Just... Out for a walk." Mr.L replied, giving his best impression of Luigi.

Mario nodded in response as he staggered along.

"So did you find the kids?" Mario asked.

"Yes... Daisy informed you all YESTERDAY..." Mr.L replied, an edge in his tone.

Mario yawned and nodded in response.

"Well, I guess that's good," Mario said.

Mr.L stopped and turned to face him.

"Are you freaking drunk?!" Mr.L exclaimed.

"Oh, COME ON, I am NOT drunk," Mario replied, though his slurred words betrayed his claim.

Mr.L scoffed and continued walking again.

"Right, how about you ask someone to go with you for about the rest of the day, hm? So you don't stumble into a ditch." Mr.L muttered.

"What in The Underwhere is THAT supposed to mean, Weegie?" Mario spat.

"You heard me!" Mr.L retorted.

Mr.L stormed off, leaving Mario standing alone.

"He's been acting different since we got here..." Mario stated to himself, "Somethings going on and I need to-*hic* put my finger on it."

Mario glanced to the side and saw one of the posters for the show, narrowing his eyes.

"Something tells me that it's not a big a mystery as I think..." Mario mumbled.

------------------

Mr.L groaned to himself as he walked into the hotel room, shutting the door behind him. Daisy yawned and walked out of her bedroom.

"What's the commotion about?" Daisy asked.

"Mr.JumpsALot's drunk again, he probably needs a babysitter." Mr.L muttered.

"So you just let him wander the streets?!" Daisy exclaimed.

"I'm not going to babysit my alter-ego's drunk brother all day! I have something better I need to do!" Mr.L retorted.

"Well, tell me when I can talk to Luigi first." Daisy requested.

"I about an hour. I'm going to take the kids somewhere first." Mr.L stated.

"Taking them where?" Daisy questioned.

"Well, I'm taking them to the circus. After that is up to him." Mr.L replied.

"Him who?" Daisy asked.

"Don't worry about it! They're going to be in good hands." Mr.L told her, "Also, you might want to get someone to follow Mr.JumpAndDrunk."

Daisy sighed and shook her head as Mr.L walked off.

"I'll call Timpani, she can tolerate almost anyone..." Daisy mumbled.

Mr.L hummed in response as he walked over to Dave and Luna's room, knocking on the door.

"Kids! Are you up yet?!" Mr.L exclaimed.

He heard different moans and groans come from inside.

"We are now, father..." Luna muttered.

Mr.L smirked and opened the door, seeing them both just about ready for the day.

"Great, today you're going to have someone watching you, alright?" Mr.L told them.

Both of the children nodded with a yawn as they stepped out of their room.

"Very well..." Luna yawned.

"What's the occasion?" Dave asked.

"Just... Getting to know him." Mr.L replied, walking them both out of the hotel room door.

"Who?" Dave questioned.

"Your babysitter for the day." Mr.L stated, leading them down the stairs to the lobby.

"But who is he? You're leaving out some very important details..." Luna replied.

"You can just wait and find out, alright?" Mr.L told them, "Yeesh, since when have you two been picky?"

Both Dave and Luna giggled in response as the three of them continued walking. After a few minutes, they were now outside of the large tent. Dave and Luna glanced around in confusion.

"Father, why are we here?" Dave asked.

"Because WHY NOT?" Mr.L said with a nervous laugh.

Mr.L walked inside with Dave and Luna behind him and saw Dimentio still sitting at the piano, humming to himself as he practiced the notes for the song on Friday. Mr.L made an audible cough and Dimentio paused. He turned around and his expression turned to shock as soon as he saw all three of them there. Dave and Luna tensed up a little while Mr.L stood smirking triumphantly.

"Er, Mr.L? What's the meaning of this..?" Dimentio asked.

Mr.L put a hand on both Dave and Luna's shoulders.

"You are going to watch Dave and Luna for the day." Mr.L stated.

Dimentio's eyes went wide with shock and both Dave and Luna looked up at Mr.L.

"I'm watching them for the day..?" Dimentio repeated.

Mr.L nodded.

"Well, yeah, you promised them both a tour." Mr.L said with a wink.

Dave and Luna glanced at Dimentio and then back up at Mr.L. Mr.L motioned them both towards Dimentio.

"Come on, give him another chance." Mr.L whispered.

"Ok..." Dave replied.

Both Dave and Luna warily walked over and Dimentio stood up from his bench.

"When should I..?" Dimentio trailed off.

"Just take your time. You can bring them both back to the hotel room. Just make sure it's before their bedtime." Mr.L stated.

Dimentio bit his lip and looked down at Dave and Luna. Mr.L walked up to Dimentio and whispered to him.

"Don't worry... You're going to be a great father." Mr.L told him in a hushed voice.

Mr.L gave Luna and Dave one last hug goodbye before running off. Dimentio, Dave, and Luna all stood in awkward silence.

"So, when is your bedtime supposed to be?" Dimentio asked, breaking the tension.

"About eight o'clock," Dave stated.

Dimentio hummed in response and smirked.

"Well, Rogueport's time is rather slow compared to the Mushroom Kingdom's," Dimentio chuckled.

"No, it isn't." Luna pointed out.

"It is if you want it to be~" Dimentio replied with a wink.

Both Dave and Luna giggled a little in response. Dimentio started towards the exit and motioned for them to follow.

"Just follow me and I shall show you my world," Dimentio told them, a smile on his face and mask.

Dimentio continued out of the tent as Dave and Luna followed behind. As they stepped outside, Dimentio was surprised when they both took his hands, walking with him. Dimentio smiled and continued into Rogueport.