On With The Show

Everyone in the audience talked amongst themselves as they waited for the show. The stage had been cleared and lights were set up to point down at the stage, the place already becoming dark.

"I'm excited! The flyer says that the man in green and a mystery singer will be performing!" Timpani exclaimed.

"Wait, Mr.E singer or mystery singer?" Nastasia asked.

"It's funny either way." Mimi chuckled.

Mario walked over to them and scoffed sitting down.

"It's the same singer. Besides, if we're lucky, there won't BE a show and he'll be left on the stage!" Mario spat.

Mimi scoffed back and turned to face the plumber.

"COME ONNNN... You are SUCH a MEANIE! Why can't you just enjoy the show?!" Mimi complained.

"Because it's run by a DEMON!" Mario retorted.

As Mario and Mimi argued, Dave tugged on Daisy's shoulder.

"Mother, may Luna and I please both go get a drink?" Dave asked.

"We're both getting a little thirsty..." Luna added sheepishly.

Daisy chuckled a little and pulled out a few coins, passing them to them.

"Alright, just try and be back soon and don't go far! The show will start any moment!" Daisy told them.

Luna and Dave nodded to her.

"Okay!" They both replied.

The twins quickly got up and scrambled down the bleachers. Mimi groaned at Mario.

"UGHHHHH... It's just a show, Mario!!!" Mimi exclaimed.

"Yer actin' like it'll be a life changin' situation!" O'Chunks stated.

"BECAUSE IT IS!!!" Mario retorted, "If Luigi sings tonight-"

Blumiere sighed.

"Honestly, Mario. You're acting like it is the end of the worlds." Blumiere replied.

------------------

Jevil chuckled to Marx as he played around with the headset on his head.

"Look at the tag I bought, bought! I'm now the assistant manager, manager!" Jevil chuckled.

Marx squinted at the tag he wore.

"Hahaha!" Marx laughed, "Jevil, your tag says a-"

"Is the house full already?"

Jevil and Marx spun around to see Dimentio standing there, a different outfit on.

"Yup, yup!" Jevil replied.

"Ready to go, the man in green is ready to be cued~!" Marx exclaimed.

Dimentio smirked.

"Let the show begin," Dimentio stated.

----------------

Everyone talked nonstop until the stage lights began to dim. Mimi shot a finger up to Mario's mouth.

"SHHHHHHHHH, ITS STARTING!!!" Mimi hissed.

Blumiere hushed the both of them and then turned his attention back to the stage. The entire crowd fell silent as a spotlight turned on to the center of the stage. Out of thin air, Dimentio appeared, his familiar teleportation chime ringing out.

Everyone in the crowd gasped at what they saw. Dimentio was wearing his original jester outfit, his broken mask still covering only half of his face as he bowed to the audience. The entire crowd began to murmur to one another as they began to recognize him.