Chapter 40

While Lauren and I were in the Uber headed to the store, I text Nolan. I knew he was busy, but I liked to keep him updated.

Me: Hey love. Headed to get a new swimsuit and then back to the hotel to sit by the pool.

To my surprise, he responded right away.

Nol: Just about to check on you. Have fun and be safe. I love you, girl

Me: I love you, Nol

I put my phone back into my purse as we arrived at the store.

Lauren and I exited the car, and walked right into the store. We walked straight over to the bikini wall. There were so many to choose from.

"I don't know about you, but we might be here all day trying to choose," she said, laughing.

"I think I am just going to grab a handful and go for it," I responded.

Lauren grabbed a few as did I. We walked into the dressing room to try them on.

"Laur, I want to see yours," I yelled over to her.

"Deal," she responded.

We both had on our first swimsuit, walking out into the hall.

Lauren had on a bright-green bikini that tied around her neck. The bottoms were extra cheeky and the ties were thin. She was tall and tan, and it looked perfect on her.

"Ok, you have to buy that one," I commented.

"I will only get this one if you get that one," she replied to me.

I had on a simple black bikini. It was spaghetti straps with a cheeky bottom as well. It tied on the side and the string hung down. I really liked it.

"You have yourself a deal," I said, smiling.

After trying on a few more, I had three different ones I was going to get, and Lauren had 4.

"I would call that pretty successful. Now back to relax!"

We called an Uber, and waited outside. I sent another text to Nolan.

Me: Headed back. Missing you

Our Uber pulled up, so we got in and headed back to the hotel.

As the driver pulled to the hotel, there was a swarm of fans outside.

"Looks like they are waiting to see the Cardinal players," the driver said.

I giggled to myself, already knowing they weren't there.

"Yes sir, I guess you are right," Lauren commented.

We exited the vehicle and proceeded to go inside. There were so many people blocking the doors, we could not get through. People were shoving us and not letting us in. Somehow we pushed our way to the doors only to be greeted by the manager.

"Please, you have to let us in. We have rooms here," I shouted.

He just looked at Lauren and me and shook his head no.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me," she said.

Once again, he shook his head no. "Not happening ladies, but good try."

"You are going to regret this," Lauren said, pulling out her phone.

"What are you going to do," I asked her?