Chapter 23

We walked hand in hand to the dugout and found Dylan waiting inside.

He looked super confused, but stood up and ran over to me.

"I am so happy to see you," he stated. "Is everything ok?"

"I am ok, now, I promise. And were good too," I said, squeezing Nolan's hand.

"You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear that. Now let's go home," said Dylan.

As we walked to the car, I asked Nolan. "Can we talk when we get home?"

He looked worried, but agreed. I climbed into the back seat with him, and held his hand the whole way back.

When we got inside, I pulled Dylan aside and filled him in on the plan.

"I am going to tell Nolan about me staying, like for good. While we talk, will you order sushi and pick out a movie for us to watch?"

"Of course I will. And I am sure it will go fine, but good luck."

I was instantly overwhelmed with nerves. What if our conversation went bad? What if I said the wrong thing? I have struggled to admit it to myself, but I love Nolan. More than I thought I ever would. I was so nervous, but I sucked it up and went outside to find Nolan. Just like with my conversation with Dylan, Nolan was sitting by the pool. I went and sat beside him, grabbing his hand.

"Ok, let's go ahead and get this over with," he said. "I have been nervous since the ballpark."

"I am sorry to make you wait," I admitted. I just wanted to have you alone for this."

I looked Nolan in the eyes and continued.

"Nolan you understand I'm only supposed to be here for 2 more days' right," I asked?

He nodded, and his face turned red.

"I have had such a great time here. Getting to hang out with Dylan has been fun, meeting all the guys on the team was such a cool experience, and of course, you. I could go on and on about you, but I think you know that our time together has been nothing but amazing. With that said, I need to ask you something."

It was obvious that Nolan had no idea where this conversation was going.

"I received an e-mail from work a few days ago," I paused. "Nolan, they are closing down my company, and I don't have to go back home."

I thought Nolan would freak out, but instead I saw the biggest smile from him that I have ever seen. He stood up, pulled me up, picked me up and spun us around. He sat me down and looked at me, "Please tell me this is not a joke."

I pulled out my phone out and showed him the e-mail

"Oh baby, I am sorry that's happening, but I can't help but be excited."

I laughed at him and commented back, "It's definitely not ideal, but things happen. So, I have to ask you more one thing. What are your thoughts on me staying here longer?"

Nolan asked, "Like a few days longer?"

I giggled at this. "No Nol, as in forever. As in me move back to St. Louis."

Nolan's mouth dropped. Oh, I fucked up.

He looked at me dead serious. "Nothing would make me happier than having you here for good. I can't explain how much I have been hoping something like this would be possible."

I smiled and kissed Nolan with everything I had. I can't believe this was happening. I was moving back to St. Louis. Dad would be so happy!

Nolan and I made our way back inside to see a very curious Dylan and Harrison.

"When did you get here," I asked him?

"Just a minute ago, I brought the food!"

"So," Dylan asked? "Did anything good happen out there?"

I could have killed him. I threw a pillow from the couch at him, and he caught it throwing it at Nolan.

Nolan looked at me and then back at the guys.

"She's staying for good," he shouted!

Everyone started to hoot and holler, causing a scene. Before I knew it, I was being wrapped up in a group hug.

"Guys can't breathe," I managed to get out. They released me but stayed close by.

"Let's celebrate," Harrison said. "Food time."

We decided to gather in the living room and eat at the coffee table.

"So Kenzie, what are the next steps," Harrison asked?

"Well," I started. "I will need to go back home to get some of my things, and I need to start apartment hunting. Besides that, I have no idea."

Dylan looked so happy, "Don't worry about it. We will help with anything you need."

"I really appreciate it. You don't know how happy it makes me to know I will get to be with you all indefinitely, now."

We gathered at the coffee table, Nolan to my right and Dylan to my left. Bader was sitting across from me and Tyler was on his way.

We decided not to wait on Tyler, but to go ahead and eat since we were starving. Nolan kept his hand on my leg the whole time we were sitting there. I guess you could say he was excited that I was staying. Not too long after, Tyler showed up.

"Really? You couldn't wait on me to eat," he asked?
I took the blame. "Sorry, Tyler, we were all hyped up about my news that we just couldn't wait anymore."

"What news," he asked?

Dylan spoke up before I could. "She's staying in St. Louis. Like for good!"

Tyler was just as excited as the others. I just smiled and leaned into Nolan, letting him kiss my head. We finished not long after, and everyone got up to clean.

Tyler walked over to me while I was washing dishes and commented. "It is really nice to know you're staying. Lover boy over there wouldn't shut up about you leaving and how he would have to get you back."

I laughed at his comment, but then looked over to Nolan, who was wiping the table off. He smiled up at me and I just blushed.

It was getting late, so everyone decided it was time to wrap up the night.

"I know you guys are going to find this hard to believe, but I am going to my house tonight," Bader said.

"Thank god," Nolan joked.

I just laughed while I watched all the guys go their bro hug thing and Bader and Tyler walked out.

Dylan came over to me and hugged me. "I really am glad you are staying. And like I mentioned earlier, you can stay here as long as you want." He smiled and walked upstairs to his room and closed the door.

"Thank you for everything you do for me," I said to Nolan.

"You never have to thank me, beautiful. I should thank you for putting up with my madness."

"I would put up with your madness any day of the week if it meant I got to spend time with you," I said.

He smiled and replied, "What perfect timing that you said that because I have a proposition for you."

I got a little nervous, but kept my cool.

"Actually, I have two for you," he said.

"Just tell me already," I pleaded.

"The first one," he said, walking close to me, "Is that I would love to take you on a real date. Something fancy. I want to take you out, and show you off." I nodded my head yes, leaded in and kissed him. He returned the favor, kissing me back. We pulled apart.

"Secondly, I would like to know if you wanted to stay in my room with me?"

I acted like I was thinking really hard about it, but then I nodded my head and responded, "I would love nothing more."

He seemed happy with this response as he picked me up, threw me over his shoulder, and took me to his room.