"No, I had to call him and he told me that they would be home late and not to wait up." She sighed. 

"I think I am going to call Adrian to come to pick me up." I began to play with my food. 

"It's late I don't think that's a good idea. Now finish your food." Her voice was sharp with no room to argue. I groaned childishly, my decision may or may not have been one out of feeling petty and not wanting to be around Nico. He should've informed me. 

~

Soft noises woke me up. I was not alarmed because I could smell the strong familiar cologne that I clung onto for the feeling of safety. I peered over to the clock on the bedside table which read 2:33. 

"Did I wake you?" He whispered. What a dumb question. Of course, he woke me up. I brought the sheets over and let out an annoyed sigh. "I don't like when you are mad at me." 

"I'm just tired, not mad," I replied dryly. Yes, I was mad. 

"Mhmm, sure I believe you." He said sarcastically. If he knew I was mad then why did he ask? Everything was pissing me off right now. It was best if I just fell asleep because I didn't want to start an argument. Especially after today's revelations. I just wanted to yell at him and tell him that I was pregnant. 

Deep down I was scared that once those words came out of my mouth it would ruin everything. Scared that the baby wouldn't even make it because it is a high possibility for me. 

"Did I upset you that much?." At this point, the lamp was turned on and he was cradling my face and wiping my tears. I hadn't realized that I was crying. 

"It's not you. Well, it is you, but it is also not you." My words came out jumbled trying to stop the sobs. 

"Want to talk about it?" He pulled me closer so I was practically laying on top of him. My face immediately went towards the crook of his neck. his hand ran down my back soothingly trying to calm me down. 

"Tomorrow, just hold me for tonight," My words came out muffled. Without saying a word he continued to comfort me. 

I clung to him until my eyes became heavy with sleep and eventually closed. 

~

Waking up alone in bed was not pleasant at all. He was supposed to be here but he wasn't. Ever since he's woken up I've felt a little further from him. He was there we had our moments but there was something that was missing. 

Maybe it was just me craving more intimacy especially after him being in a coma. I understand that he is busy with all the work that he has missed, but is it always going to be like this. Now more than ever I need him. First things first, I need to find a time where he is not busy to tell him. 

Grabbing my phone and unlocking it, I click on his contact and sent him a message. My irritation grew just thinking about how I didn't receive so much as a text or call telling me he was going to be busy, especially after last night's incident. 

I take a hot shower trying to relieve myself out of the stress and frustration that I was feeling. I stay in the shower longer than I normally do just standing there. 

I quickly get ready and change into a baby blue flowy dress. I had a meeting with the accountant that worked at the restaurant and we were just going to go over the budget. I grabbed the duffle bag and stuffed all the clothes that I could fit. I was going to stay at Adrian's for a while. He had moved out and lived in a penthouse with his boyfriend in the city. Since the restaurant was located in the city and I missed my brother I thought it was best to stay at his for a couple of days. 

Walking out my assigned bodyguard and chauffer opens the back door of the black Audi. 

~

The meeting had been eventful the new budget got approved and I would finally be able to open the restaurant by the start of next month. Adrian had texted me that he and Isaiah were on a date and that they would not be home until later. He had given us all a key to his apartment in the case of an emergency, so luckily I had a way to get in. 

Entering the penthouse I was greeted with a ton of family pictures that he had hanging up the wall. The apartment was only illuminated by the lights of the city, so I turned the light on giving me a better view of his nicely decorated apartment. 

Making my way up the glass stairs to look for the guest bedroom and drop my duffle bag down. I desperately wanted to change, I wasn't feeling so comfortable in the dress anymore. I grabbed an oversized black crewneck and some sleeping shorts. 

I got a notification on the tablet that hung on the wall of the kitchen. The security of the building was informing me that a man was requesting to come in. I looked at the picture that they provided and saw it was Nico. Rolling my eyes I accepted the request. 

I grabbed a glass of water and waited to hear the ding of the elevator.

He came striding in not looking too happy, but neither was I. I saw on the couch, my eyes following his movement as he came to sit near me.

"Do you know how worried I was when I came home and no one had any clue where you were?" He said exasperatedly. 

"I just wanted to spend time with my brother." I shrugged pushing is buttons even further. 

"You couldn't have at least informed me?" He questioned me. 

"I guess that makes two of us." I fired back and then it looked like realization hit him. 

"Fuck!" He ran his hand over his face. "I'm sorry okay. There have been so many things going on especially since my dad wants to hand everything over to me already." He loosened his tie as he spoke. 

"Talk to me then. We are supposed to be getting married soon, so many things are changing. I need you, now more than ever." My voice held so much emotion. 

"I will, okay." He whispered, moving me to straddle him. My hands instantly went to touch his face tracing his features. We were just starting at each other without saying anything. 

"I'm pregnant!" I blurted out. 

-not edited
Please comment and vote:)!