19|School

Anastasia POV:

The noise of the alarm blaring had woken me up. Today was my first day of school, and I was not ready for it. My sleeping schedule was all over the place because of the time zone change from New York to Chicago. We had gotten back from New York two days ago.

What I hated, even more, was the fact that I had to wear a stupid uniform. The dress code was so strict, we could only wear black sweaters with no logos if we decided not to wear the one the school provided. Our shoes could only be black too.

Begrudgingly I got up and went to get ready for school. I had showered and brushed my teeth, now I needed to comb my hair and change. I decided to put my hair in a high ponytail. I put on a black and blue pleated skirt and a black button-up. I slipped on some black vans and held the black blazer in my hand, I went to grab my backpack.

I was downstairs eating breakfast when the twins came down with similar attire. They grabbed their food and sat down.

"Are you ready for your first day of school?" Anton asked

"Not really, I hate these stupid uniforms. Why do we need to wear them." I whined which caused both of them to laugh.

"Tuck in your shirt because they get really annoying if you break the dress code." Andrey chimed in and stuffed his face with some toast. I did as he told me.

"Octavia is going to meet us there, but she'll be there to help you. If she isn't there then you can come to find one of us. Usually, I'll drive us to school but because it's your first-day Adrik has to talk to the principal so he'll take you." Anton informed me.

~

There we sat in the principal's office as he talked to Adrik. I wasn't paying attention because I was anxious about school. They were mainly talking about accommodating me and informing the teachers about me.

He handed me my schedule which was a bunch of APs and honor classes. I have no idea why I was taking these classes when I have never taken any type of classes like these before.

"Ok Mr. Vassiliev, I'll have someone walk her to her first class." The principal said and shook Adrik's hand. Before he left Adrik kissed me on the forehead and some money for food. The principal lead me out of the room and walked me to my first class. I had honors Trigonmentry for my first period which I absolutely detested. First I was not good at math, and who would want math as their first period to start the day.

I walked into the classroom, the class had already started so everyone was there staring at me. The teacher smiled at me and ushered me to come to her.

"I am Mrs. Stewart and you must be Anastasia right?" She said and I nodded at her question. "Welcome you can sit next to Eos, Eos please raise your hand" A girl with black hair rose her hand and I walked over to her.

"Hi I am Eos, wait you know that already." She giggled nervously. I quickly unzipped my backpack and got my notebook and pen out. I didn't want her to think I was rude so I was going to write it out.

"Anastasia, I have selective mutism, so that is why I am writing to you instead of talking."  I wrote and showed it to her. She nodded in understatement.

"That's alright. Are you brothers Anton and Andrey?" She asked which I nodded. "Let me see your schedule to see if we have any classes together." I handed her my schedule. We had all the same classes except for my last period. She told me that she would walk to me all my classes so I wouldn't get lost.

~

It was lunchtime. I had all my classes with Octavia except my first period. Eos and Octavia knew each other, but they didn't talk to each other as much. However, since Eos had become my friend they began to talk more.

I was getting comfortable about Eos she had a big personality, but she was also shy around certain people. The twins had checked up on me to make sure that everything was going fine. I didn't tell them about the whispers that I had heard because they didn't matter. I knew who I was and I knew I wasn't a slut like the girls in my 3rd period had muttered when I walked past them. They were just bitter girls who had nothing better to do than run their mouths. I had dealt with girls like them back in Montana. Just because I didn't talk didn't mean I didn't know how to stand up for myself. I had gotten into a few fights at my old school, but it was never reported to the principal, so my school record is clean.

We had our lunch and sat down at the table. The twins came barging into the cafeteria room which caused people to stop what they were doing and stare at them. They came straight to our table.

"Everything ok Ana?" They asked at the same time, I nodded.

"We are going to sit with our friends, you need anything we will be at that table over there." Anton pointed to the table in the far corner, there were already a few boys sitting there.

"She gets it now go." Octavia butted in and they rolled their eyes at her.

"We should go out sometime soon the three of us," Eos suggested. I had to ask Adrik first, plus I had to go to therapy after school today and Thursday.

"Oh yes! We need to show Ana a tour of Chicago."Octavia clapped her hands together in excitement. They kept talking I would chime in here and there, but it was just a one-word answer which I would stutter out.

All of a sudden I see the girls staring at the cafeteria door, and there he came. Domenico. I had no clue that he came to this school. For a brief moment our eyes met, but that changed when a perky blonde threw himself at him. I quickly diverted my eyes back to the girls.

"That's is Maddaline she swears they are dating but they aren't. He just uses her for quick fuck and she doesn't know that a quick fuck doesn't equal a relationship." Eos commented. I mean this is good because that means that I have to stay away from him. He just uses girls that should tell me everything I need to know about him.

"Oh yea I forgot about her, I feel bad for her because she clearly thinks that they are dating. Then again I can't feel too bad for her when she has seen him with other girls." Octavia added as she glanced between them and us.

~

It was the end of school. I head out of the school building since Alexei had texted me earlier that he was picking me up. I had learned that he had also gone to therapy before, and he thought that he would go with me because he understands how it feels like.

I was on my phone texting Alexei telling him that I was going. I wasn't paying attention and had bumped into someone. I looked up and saw those mesmerizing grey eyes.

"Dommy hurry." A nasal voice said which turned out to be Maddaline's.

"Don't call me that Maddie." He grumbled out and I just quickly walked away.

I saw Alexei's black BMW parked outside the school. I got in and muttered a quicky hi.

"Are you okay? Did someone mess with you?" He asked worriedly

"No, just nervous about going," I replied trying to calm him down. He accepted my answer and just began to drive. I so badly wanted to forget about him, but every turn I took there he was. I didn't even know him and there he was stuck on my mind. This isn't healthy I need to relax and focus on other things, more important things.

-not edited
Please comment and vote:)!