22|Family

Anastasia's POV:

I was hungry. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and stretched my body. Rosalie knocked and came in to tell me that I could not go down yet. I was unsure why I couldn't I wanted food.

"There is a guest that came unannounced, and your brothers want you to wait until he leaves." She informed me I eyed her suspiciously. Who was this person that was preventing me from eating?

"When is this person leaving? Can you just sneak me up some food?"

"Yes, but you stay here in your room." I nodded. I was debating if I should leave the room to see who was out there. After an internal battle, I decided that I would go check. Just as I stood up from my bed the twins came barging in. They just made themselves comfortable, not even a hi. Rude.

"Hi to you both too," I said sarcastically. They just mumbled something in reply. I thought it was cool how they often spoke at the same time. "Are you guys mad that you can't be downstairs because of the mystery guest? If you are mad about it, we will go downstairs and see."I rambled hoping they would agree.

"Ana sit down and stop being nosy. We were down there, but the conversation was boring."Anton said I just rolled my eyes.

"Keep rolling those eyes and watch them get stuck stupid," Andrey said throwing me a pillow.

"Whatever, can I use one of your phones I want to talk to Octavia?" I pleaded, and they both shook their heads.

"You both suck, leave you, are useless to me right now." Just then Rosalie came in with my food. I thanked Rosalie and just began to eat. I ignored the twins they were on about something, but they were whispering about it. If they were going to have a private conversation, they shouldn't do it in my room in front of me.

I devoured my food and squeezed myself between them both. After all, they were in my bed.

"You are annoying you know that right," Andrey said. I just grinned at them.

~

It was the morning I spent last night trying to find out why we didn't have dinner together. I annoyed the twins until they had no other choice but to leave my room. At this point, I wish that I was suspended because I did not want to go to school. The only reason why I was downstairs eating and in uniform was that I wanted to see the girls. Adrik had told Devin that Octavia could not come over until next Monday because it was my punishment. Jokes on him though I see her at school.

"Hurry Ana stop stuffing your face we are going to be late to class," Anton yelled, and I scoffed at his comment. I got up still chewing on my bagel.

~

I was in my last class of the day. I had told the girls what had happened, they thought it was funny. I had not seen Domenico at school today. I am not going to lie I was wondering where he was. I knew that my brothers wanted me to stay away, but that just made me want it more. I needed to distract myself from these thoughts. I had no therapy today, so I was going to be alone with my thoughts all afternoon. I was hoping that one of my brothers was going to be home, so I would just be with them. The twins had after-school practice, so I could not be with them.

"Anastasia pay attention." My physics teacher called me out. It was not my fault that she kept yapping on and on about thermodynamics. I think that is what she was talking about.

"What are you thinking so hard about? Octavia whispered.

"Nothing now pay attention before Ms.Davis calls me out again." Octavia rolled her eyes at the mention of our physics teacher.

~

Adrian had picked me up from school. I could tell that he was on edge about something. I had asked what was wrong, but he would not budge. I did not like being out of the loop. Adrik had come home earlier than usual from work.

I got up to get a glass of water. As I walked out of the kitchen, I heard multiple people talking, but one voice stood out to me.

"No what are you all doing here only our grandparents were supposed to come? Adrik said. I hurried back into the kitchen and stood by the entrance where I could hear, but no one could see me.

"Nephew you know why we are here. Now, why don't you do tell the maids to grab the bags from the car? Also, the rest are coming later on because they caught a later flight than us."The male voice said. So I had an uncle, I needed more time to mentally prepare for their arrival.

"So where is my granddaughter. I cannot believe that I had to find out about it from your father who found out about it because people were talking about it." The gruff voice said this was a different person.

"Дедушка, dad was called first by the social worker but they could not get ahold of him. When she was so close to death we all called him, but still no answer. I probably should have told you about her but in all honesty that was the last thing on my mind."Adrik had said with a sigh at the end. I had seen the pictures of my biological dad, but he didn't even bother to come home. If he didn't pick up the phone calls of his sons why would I want a relationship with him? (Translation: Grandpa)

Not wanting to hear this conversation anymore I walked towards the service stairs that were by the kitchen. These stairs were mainly used for the staff that worked here. I just wanted to avoid all these people. This was all too much for me.

I made it to my room and just got in bed and began to toss the octopus that Adrian got me up in the air.

"I knew you'd be here when you didn't come back to the living room" Adrian's voice startled me producing the octopus to fall on my face.

"Who are all those people downstairs?" I asked although I knew who it was.

"Well you see our family found out about you and they came here to meet you. Our grandparents came all the way from Russia, and our aunts and uncles from New York and Atlanta. There are still a few more people that need to arrive."Adrian explained. I knew that he had purposefully omitted any mentions of our father.

"This is all-new, but don't be intimidated they are really nice people. I don't know how long they are staying over."I nodded at what he said. He told me that he would go downstairs and see if everyone had settled down so I could meet them.

I paced around the room. I was nervous what if they didn't like me. All the what-if scenarios ran through my head. I had been alone for most of my life, and now I had this huge family.

Adrian came into the room and he told me to follow him. I was right behind him intentionally walking slow.

It's not too late to walk back into my room right?

Adrian turned around and as if he knew what was going on through my mind he grabbed my hand and gave me a reassuring squeeze.

As we walked closer to the living room voices can be heard. They were alternating from talking in English to Russian. I really needed to learn Russian. Everyone was too immersed in their conversation to notice that we had entered the room.

There sat an older couple the older man with salt and pepper hair and blue eyes gazed at the woman sitting next to him. That woman had the same eyes like me, and it had black hair with a few grey hairs peeking out. She seemed to have sensed our presence and turned around.

She looked at me and her gaze became soft. I could see that her eyes were turning teary. She immediately got up which got everyone else's attention. She came and hugged me, usually, I didn't like them but this one felt different.

"Oh, you are so beautiful. I am your grandma Lena."She sniffled. Then I was greeted by my grandpa whose name was Luka he looked very scary. Then there were my other sets of grandparents Sonia and Viktor.

"I brought you a gift why don't you open it up." My uncle Michail said. I sent him a smile and began to unwrap it.

It was a barbie.

I stared at it and then back at him who had the biggest smile.

"Uncle you do know that she is 17, not 7 right," Adrik spoke up. Michail began to scratch the back of his head.

"Well, I don't know what to gift a girl we don't have girls in our family. This is what the lady at the store recommended to me when I asked her for help."The woman next to him who was his wife, Kiara shook her head.

"I should've known and gone with you," Kiara said.

"N-no it's fi-fine." I stuttered out. I cursed myself for stuttering, but Adrian gave me a proud smile.

Everyone was catching up the rest of my brothers had come home already. I learned that that from my father's side I had my uncle Michail and aunt Katerina. From my mother's side, it was my uncles Ilya, Sergei, and Arseni. They all had kids and were married. They're apparently coming soon.

My mind kept going back to my father, no one talked about him. I was just dying to know where he was.

"Once everyone arrives, we need to have a party. Why aren't Devin and Octavia here?"Grandma Lena asks.

"They are not here because Ana is not allowed to see Octavia for the time being," Adrik explained, and I sent him a look. I did not want him telling them why she wasn't allowed. Just then Alek and Alexei let out a laugh. They were laughing at me. 

"Why isn't she allowed?" Grandma Lena questioned. I moved closer to Adrian and hid my face on his shoulder. 

"Someone over here got into a fight in school her second day of school," Alek explained letting out a chuckle at the end. 

"As she should, she is a Vassiliev," Uncle Michail said proudly which earned a glare from Adrik. 

The conversation continued to flow. Alek once in a while would joke about the fight that I was in. I rolled my eyes at him, why could he not just let it go. 

"I'm home." The dominating voice said. I turned over y head and there he was the man in all the pictures. 

-not edited
Please comment and vote:)!